Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    phil_stl Posts: 30, Reputation: 4

Feb 26, 2008, 10:27 AM
    Building a website
    Hello,
    I need two people to read the information I have regarding my upcoming website and answer the 10 survey questions. Thanks so much.

Information Section:
    Title: The St-Laurent Group Inc. - Plastic Thermoforming and Packaging

Mission:
    We want to inform our audience about my father's excellent ability to provide them with the high quality plastics that accomplish their goals and exceed their expectations. The why/goal of building this site is so my father and his company can advertise online and hopefully this will help prosper him and his business more in the future. I plan on working to make the site: straight forward/gets to the point, easy to navigate and visually appealing.

Target Audience:
    This website will concentrate on attracting people that need polyethylene packaging and products made of thermoformed plastic. Thus, anyone in the: Agriculture, Automotive, Construction, Foam, Food and meat packaging, Furniture & Mattress, Linen & Textile, Lumber, Metal Manufacturing, Packaging Covers, Manufacturers, Medical, Plastic Molders, Printing & Publishing, Skid Covers, Waste Management sectors.
    The audience may be located anywhere in Canada or the United States.

Content:
    There will be the following pages:

Home page - This may be a page with the company slogan, theme, pictures etc. or may end up being the "About us" page.

About us - This page will explain what The St-Laurent Group Inc. is, what they do and the history of the Company.

Products - This section will be divided up into many different sections. When you click on the Products button you will be able to click on either: polyethylene packaging, or thermoformed plastic. Then you will have a list of products for each of these two sections, and each product will most likely have its own page. The polyethylene packaging section and possibly thermoformed plastic will have also have a "Production capabilities" page, as the specifications for certain products may need to be to the users exact specifications.

Contact us - So the clients may be able to get a hold of president of the company.

Resume page - A page which describes my fathers experience in the plastics business.

Links - A page linking to associated sites (I may not implement this page).

Search Button - If putting a search button on the site isn't overly complex, the site will have one.

Other Website Aspects - There will be a side bar, a logo, pictures, a good contrast between items on the page, and there may even be a French version of the site.

Questions Section:

Name everything you can possibly think of that you view as an important aspect in a business website.

Do you think dividing the products into the two main sections (polyethylene packaging and thermoformed plastic) is a good idea? If your answer is no, explain why.

Would a “Resume Page” that explains my fathers hard work and accomplishments over the past 13 years be a good idea for a webpage, and why?

How do you feel is the best way to organize the products; alphabetically, in order of popularity (most sold), in order of most money made from item or another method?

Should the “Home Page” be the “About us” page? If not did what should it be instead, a “Welcome” page?

Should there be a side bar or an overhead bar?

Should I have a page that links to relevant websites (to help with optimizing my relevance on Google)?

Should I have a Website Map even if it's a small and easy to navigate website? Explain.

Could I PM you and would you be available if I have anymore questions along the way?
    Do you know of any good websites that will give me creative ideas for designing this? If so provide a link.
    Da Bigchamp Posts: 360, Reputation: 18

Apr 23, 2008, 02:55 PM
    I will help you with the site, I have experience in being the webmaster for a couple different sites.

Name everything you can possibly think of that you view as an important aspect in a business website.
    Important aspects in a business site would be, having a professional looking site that will appeal to many people. Also a site that is well advertised and easy to use.

Do you think dividing the products into the two main sections (polyethylene packaging and thermoformed plastic) is a good idea? If your answer is no, explain why.
    I am not too knowledgeable in the plastics area, but I think that dividing the 2 into different sections while offering easy navigation to both would be the best decision.

Would a “Resume Page” that explains my fathers hard work and accomplishments over the past 13 years be a good idea for a webpage, and why?
    A Resume page would be a good idea in my opinion, seeing as customers will want to know that their supplier is trustworthy and experienced.

How do you feel is the best way to organize the products; alphabetically, in order of popularity (most sold), in order of most money made from item or another method?
    You should offer a shop page that allows the customer to view the products alphabettically and by popularity.

Should the “Home Page” be the “About us” page? If not did what should it be instead, a “Welcome” page?
    The Home page should be kept simple, as a home page. And or an about us page depending on the size of your site. You could include an about us section on the Resume page as well.

Should there be a side bar or an overhead bar?
    It could be anyway you want, I don't think that that will mater a lot to customers. But maybe a product bar on the side, and a Home Page, about us, site map, or other things similar on the top.

Should I have a page that links to relevant websites (to help with optimizing my relevance on Google
    I am not too sure about this as I mainly deal with the content and design of websites.

Should I have a Website Map even if it's a small and easy to navigate website? Explain.
    Well since you have to submit a site map to Google and various other search engines for better exposure to your site, you should include a site map since you will probably already have a site map code in your hands.

Could I PM you and would you be available if I have anymore questions along the way?
    Yes you could, as I a not on Askmehelpdesk all the time, you can reach me mostly on AIM (aol instant messenger). Which you can reach by clicking the little icon below my name.

Do you know of any good websites that will give me creative ideas for designing this? If so provide a link.
    I know this is good for free website templates, you can use them and edit them to your liking. You could also buy a proffesionaly done template elswhere on the web, but what else is better than free.
    Da Bigchamp Posts: 360, Reputation: 18

Apr 23, 2008, 09:21 PM
    Oops I forgot to post the link Open Source Web Design - Download free web design templates.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Building a website [ 6 Answers ]

I don't know if this is were I would ask but it seemed like the best place. So my question is how do I make a web site its for a clan of mine on rainbow six vegas for the ps3 so I want to make it look cool but don't know how to make it help me if you can

Looking for a website [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know how I can find a website that let's me download and burn cd's wtihout having a credit card?

Building a website help! [ 6 Answers ]

I need to start a website to inform about a professional service. I won't be collecting information or anything like that. I merely want four tabs of basic information, like Home, Services, Bio, Contact. Forgive my ignorance, but what do I do? If I buy a domain name, what is my next step? ...

Building PC [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Looking to build my own PC - Did 1st build with a very smart friend. Now ready to go on my own. Any websites out there that can help? Thanks Stu

View more questions Search