Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tpappwill Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2008, 08:55 AM
    Nasty smell in bathroom
    Hi, I have been leaving with a nasty sewage smell in my bathroom for the past two weeks. It is a smell isolated to my master bathroom, but that is so strong it will move the smell to my bedroom and at certain times of the night, my family room.

The second bathroom is fine.when it first happened I told husband that I thought the toilet was gassing, (we are on septic) he stuck his nose by the base of the toilet and stated that the stench was not coming from there and that he thought it was a dead animal. After a week he stated that he thought we should call a plumber. The plumber said he didn't think it was the toilet but the tub, he replaced all of the scooter(?) vents in the double sinks and the tub. He snaked out the tub drain and went under the house (mobile home,bought in 2004).when he left the smell was still present but he said it would clear up. It didn't! Since we have now been living with it for so long we have noticed some other characteristics, we have noticed that it may be coming from the shower and did the whole bleach over night with boiled pots of water in the morning to both the shower and the tub. It seemed to clear up but then came back with a vengeance especially at night.after dark the smell is horrendous! I haven't slept in my bedroom for two weeks. We have had the septic tank pumped since moving in, can this be the problem?
    XenoSapien Posts: 627, Reputation: 42

Feb 26, 2008, 06:13 PM
    Likely, it does seem like the septic tank. Buy yeast tablets, and flush them down the lowest toilet once or twice monthly. Yeast loves stinky smells...

XenoSapien
    princeton Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

Feb 26, 2008, 07:08 PM
    Maybe a skunk is spending his nights under your bath?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bathroom Smell [ 1 Answers ]

My question is I have a bathroom that is up stairs and our house is on a slab we get smell in the bathroom about the same time but not everyday and it smells like a dead animal but only smells in the one bathroom. I hve been in the attic to see if the smell is up there but it' not. I've had all the...

Smell from Bathroom [ 5 Answers ]

I have a ensuite which contains a shower, toilet and sink. This room is not used regular and every so often if not used for a couple of days there is a smell from the room. I can not find out where the smell is coming from but when the smell comes I flush the toilet, run water down the sink and...

Bathroom smell [ 1 Answers ]

When I use the washing machine or the shower a horrible sewage smell appears. It seems like it sucks the water out of the bathroom sink. A gurgling noise is heard and then the smell appears. What can I do to eliminate the smell? I'm not sure if it's vented or even what venting is.

Smell in bathroom [ 1 Answers ]

Greetings, I live in a relatively new home and over the past few months I've noticed a mild sewage smell in my 2nd floor bathroom. The smell does not seem to be coming from anywhere in particular. I have noticed that on windy days the smell is more noticeable. The water drains fine in all cases....

View more questions Search