Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cho Posts: 85, Reputation: 2

Feb 26, 2008, 06:45 AM
    What's the difference between hardware and software?
    What's the difference between hardware and software?
    Is there any other difference other than that hardware is the physical components of a computer and software a set of instructions.:confused:
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Feb 26, 2008, 07:05 AM
    Computer hardware is the physical part of the computer and infrequently changes and software is a collection of computer programs, procedures and documentation that perform some task on a computer system.

Hope this has helped! :)
    Cho Posts: 85, Reputation: 2

Feb 26, 2008, 07:09 AM
    Thanks but is there any other difference?
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Feb 26, 2008, 07:23 AM
    Ugh, I don't think so, maybe the beginning part of the word... lol
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 26, 2008, 08:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cho
    hardware is the physical components of a computer and software a set of instructions.:confused:
    That's as good a definition as anything I've seen. I'm not sure what you are looking for though. Hardware is instructed to do something by software. Does that help?
    DaBaAd Posts: 271, Reputation: 36

Feb 26, 2008, 11:02 AM
    Metaphorically speaking...

The "car" is the hardware and the "driver" is the software.
    The "airplane" is the hardware and the "pilot" is the software.

Hardware can be upgraded, hard drive, memory, peripheral cards, but only to the extent of the initial capacity of the motherboard and provides the software a place to run.

Software that runs on the hardware (system or application) is continually being "upgraded" to include fixes and new features and provides the user an interactive function.

HTH

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Hardware requirement for unigraphics software [ 1 Answers ]

Dear sir I reqiired system configuration for installing unigraphics (UG) software.

Problems with software/hardware? [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I put together a system that should smoke, primarily for MS Flight Sim X. I have an AMD 6500+ 64 x 2. 4g DDR2 Ram. A gForce 8800 GTX with 756mg on board. X-Fi SB Xtreme PCIe Sound card. Running Vista with Directx 10. In FS X the graphics are great, but there is an extreme lag with...

Best software/hardware to play game [ 3 Answers ]

Hai there, I just bought new PC by ACER, using windows XP home edition, 256 RAM, 3.0MHz Intel Pentium4. My problem is there are some games I cannot play after download it such as Red Alert 2-Yuri Revenge and my PC will run slow/noisy while I'm playing Stronghold 2 and it will appear (encounter...

Hardware or Software Problem? [ 1 Answers ]

I wiped out Windows Me on a Dell Dimension XPS D266, installed Windows98SE and now can't open IE or OE and anything I try to open is soooo painfully slow. I've fdisked, reformatted and reinstalled Win98SE 3 times and same results. I tried scanreg /fix in MS-Dos and results says it's fixed but it...

View more questions Search