Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    reesespie Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2008, 08:33 PM
    Name of a Children's show.late 70's/early 80's?
    This is going to be a very vague description of a small part of an animated children's TV movie/series of sorts (I can't even remember if it was a movie or just a cartoon short). I remember watching this sometime in the early 80's... '83 or '84 probably, on regular old TV: no cable. All I can recall is a boy (maybe a girl too) went through some sort of magic porthole (may have been a tree trunk they jumped down) and it took them to this underground world where various (mostly friendly) "monsters" lived but the monsters were in cages and they were trying to set them free. I want to say that the boy had red hair and glasses but not positive. Any info would be helpful, I've been trying to find out the name of this for the past five years at least! Thanks in advance!
    tashamarie80 Posts: 62, Reputation: 5

Feb 26, 2008, 02:40 AM
    Not sure, did some looking and found maybe Jamie and the magic torch??
    The name does not sound familiar to me though but your desription does.
    nicki143 Posts: 187, Reputation: 22

Feb 26, 2008, 02:57 AM
    Yeah sounds like that to me from what I remember there was nutmeg the girl and wordsworth the dog remember that as it is my friends last name
    madisonjay Posts: 48, Reputation: 2

Feb 26, 2008, 04:35 AM
    Is this it click/copy the link
    YouTube - JAMIE AND THE MAGIC TORCH

Feb 26, 2008, 05:43 AM
    I watched the YouTube video, not ringing a bell with me. The animation was more along the lines of old Disney animation (versus the kind in Jamie and the Magic Torch). I know when the boy comes down the magic hole/slide it goes down a hallway with the cages full of monsters on either side of the hallway. I'm sorry I can't give more of a description than that... it's been so long ago! :)

Feb 27, 2008, 07:54 AM
    I actually found out what it was by doing a "similar" search to Jamie and the Magic Torch. It is "The Secret World of Og" and it was 3-part special on ABC (Hana Barbara). I was actually able to find a DVD on eBay!
    nicki143 Posts: 187, Reputation: 22

Feb 27, 2008, 08:27 AM
    Never heard of that one

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Late 70's early 80's Anime about a Battleship in Space [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone remember the name of that cartoon where there was a battleship made into a spaceship that's all I remember about it

Late 70's early 80's Movie. What is the Name! [ 2 Answers ]

I don't know if this is a movie made for TV or just a movie... I believe it was on Satellite when I seen it... The movie goes like this; two sisters go off to college(one is the quiet type and the other is a material girl type) they both try to get into Sororities; they end up in different Sorority...

Movie title from the late 70's early 80's [ 4 Answers ]

Bear with me, my memory is kind of sketchy. Back in the late 70's or early 80's I saw a movie about a family (possibly a futuristic family), that had a large sheet of glass separating them from a group of lions. I believe that the man was killed in the end, by one of the lions. Does anyone know...

TV show from the late 70's - early 80's [ 2 Answers ]

Show about an indian that can turn into a wolf (not a werewolf... )... anyone know the title?

View more questions Search