Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    et2332 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2008, 06:02 PM
    Am I a minority?
    I am new to this so please bare with me. Are convicted felons considered to be minorities? Thanks
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 25, 2008, 06:18 PM
    Not in prison. But no convicted felons are not a protected class of people as referred to in the general use of the term minority with is used in general to refer to a national background or race.

Now since there are more non felons in the world as there are felons they are a minority in that fact.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2008, 06:52 PM
    Are you looking for some angle into getting preferential treatment with some government program or funding? Fr. Chuck said it right - convicted felons are not considered a minority population.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Minority Protection in Company Law [ 14 Answers ]

Hi, Can anyone give me some useful sites where I can find the topic MINORITY PROTECTION under Company Law? Thanks in anticipation.

Minority Interest [ 3 Answers ]

Please Help here: Minority interest: a. represents ownership of stockholders who own less than 60% of the outstanding stock in a consolidated company. b. represent the rights of nonmajority shareholders to assets and earnings of a consolidated company. c. represents ownership of those...

Minority protection [ 1 Answers ]

For a minority shareholder who has suffered a wrong at the hands of the majority to establish a case under the alternative remedy he must show both that he suffered “unfairly prejudicial conduct” and that this was suffered in his capacity as a member of the company. Can anybody help me to...

View more questions Search