Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Linda Craig Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2008, 03:20 PM
    My Sister and Husband are renting a home in Arkansas this home has a lot of mold on the back side of her furniture. The house is very old but has new siding yet a lot of smelly mold even on there shoes in the closet. A lot of things have been damaged. We also signed a year lease and only lived there 4 months Can't stand this mold cleaning the smell is very disturbing.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 25, 2008, 04:32 PM
    First its not a good idea to piggyback your question on someone else's. This can lead to confusion. You should start a new thread. So I've moved your question to its own thread.

You need to get someone in to test the air quality and find the source. If the mold represents an uninhabitable condition, you can void the lease.
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2008, 07:02 PM
    Mold will grow where ever the conditions are right. If it is growing between the furniture and the wall and on things in a closet, I'd say that your humidity is too high. If I were you, I'd get a device that measures humidity (you can find these as temperature/humidity digital readout devices), and based on what that says, maybe a dehumidifier. For the closet, there are products that you can buy that are essentially silica gel crystals in a container. They suck the moisture out of the air and it pools inside the container, and then you just pour it out. I had to use one of those in a closet of a spot I rented to keep the clothes from molding, and it worked really well. You may need a room dehumidifier, as well, for the larger areas.
    Cvillecpm Posts: 553, Reputation: 28

Feb 25, 2008, 07:05 PM
    I suspect the mold source is from their prior residence since it is ONLY on their belongings - shoes and furniture.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 25, 2008, 07:24 PM
    1, piggy back means you put your "question" as an answer to someone else's question, in doing that, no one will really see it. So it was moved by the expert who mentioned it above. We are required to tell you that we moved your post when we do.

And where exactly is the mold, if it is on your furniture, ond on your clothes, but not on their walls, or in their basement or attic. It sounds like your property got wet somewhere. So how and where and what is cuasing the mold can all be issues

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is this mold? [ 3 Answers ]

I was in my basement today, which is unfinished. The exposed wood is covered with a pastic sheet. I noticed on some of the boards there is a black film. Is this mold? It has been humid where I live and maybe the plastic over the wood created a mold growth situation? If this is mold, do I...

Mold [ 6 Answers ]

Hello my basement is unfished... last year we decided to put up blue stryaphone isolation over concrete walls... I am worried about mold because it is in a basement of an old farm house... if mold should grow behind the 1 inch blue styraphone is there anyway to know... thank you

Mold Problem Found After Inspection - can I get out? [ 2 Answers ]

I am due to settle on a new house in PA on 20th October. When we did the inspection, Several things were wrong, but after a fair bit of too-ing and fro-ing the Seller agreed to sort them out (radon, basement mold, termites etc). We got a Note through last week saying all this had been completed...

Possible mold [ 1 Answers ]

We have an eight year old home with a day light basement. I have noticed some yellow spots on the bottom of the walls in two of the closets in the basement. If this is mold what can be done?

Mold [ 1 Answers ]

What will mold the fastest? Unrefrigerated cheese or bread? And approximately how long will this process takes?

View more questions Search