Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2006, 03:15 AM
    My uncle & Bad chest pains.
    My uncle was rushed into hospital this morning from work because he was having really bad chest pains. He is having tests done and I am having to wait by the phone for any news.

I am really worried about him and finding it hard to concentrate.

I asked my Mum what it could be and she said it could be anything, but at his age they will need to check his heart Etc. He is 40yrs old.

His uncle (my great Uncle) died his 50's due to a Heart attack - are these thing hereditory??
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2006, 05:00 AM
    Hi, DJ,
    Yes, certain things associated with heart attacks, such as cholesterol levels, produced by the body, are hereditary.
    http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/ate/heart...od/203470.html
    There are many liinks on the web about it. The above is just one.
    My other Dad passed away at 56 with heart disease, but I'm 64 now. His parents had no history of the disease.
    I do wish your uncle well, and a swift recovery, from whatever it might be. Running an EKG, checking the heart beats, is normal for chest pain, as well as other tests.
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2006, 05:03 AM
    Thank you Fredg. I am still waiting by the phone. I am keeping busy as I am having to run the business today. Been showng potential brides round, checking in deliveries for this weeks wedding Etc - I figure no news is good news.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 26, 2006, 06:32 AM
    Prayer
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ 'H'
    My uncle was rushed into hospital this morning from work because he was having really bad chest pains. He is having tests done and I am having to wait by the phone for any news.

I am really worried about him and finding it hard to concentrate.

I asked my Mum what it could be and she said it could be anything, but at his age they will need to check his heart Etc. He is 40yrs old.

His uncle (my great Uncle) died his 50's due to a Heart attack - are these thing hereditory???

We will have him and you and your family in our prayers, keep us updated on how he is doing
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2006, 06:47 AM
    Just been informed he is on his way home. His heart is fine, but they are uncertain what it could be. They have given him an injection and some tablets and sent him home to rest.

So fingers crossed the pain goes and he gets better soon.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Ovulating pains [ 3 Answers ]

My last question related to the change in my period now that I'm trying to get pregnant. I'm not sure if this is normal but I have had my period on the 19th of march which was 2 days late. I have read stuff that says you ovulate 12 - 14 days after your period, which would be around the 30th. It is...

Odd pains [ 3 Answers ]

I am 18 and I have never had this kind of pain, I am getting cramps like about to start my period but if I did it would be two and a half weeks early, and I am getting sharp pains in my vagina. Im not pregnant, because I am a virgin. So I want to ask what these pains are.

Uncle Albert's Mysterious Island Help! [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone give clues to this game or where to find some online. This is a PC/MAC game. ?

View more questions Search