Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HeathRiddles Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2006, 10:45 PM
    Education/Degree Verification
    Is there any way to find out in davance whether an employer will try verify education/degrees for applicants? Is there a standard for this, particularly among municipal employers?
    qwertyman Posts: 109, Reputation: 15

Jan 25, 2006, 11:04 PM
    I read an article which said that a lot of them do, I'm not sure if all of the employers do so.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2006, 11:24 PM
    Are you planning to lie to a potential future employer?

You should note that in most places, if they find out years later you lied like that, that is grounds for them to fire you without severance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What else to do with a special education degree [ 4 Answers ]

I graduated in May with a degree in special education. I liked working with kids with disabilities and thought maybe I was good at it. I got all As, did well during student teaching, but I can't land a job anywhere. I think maybe I do bad during interviews or maybe I just wasn't met to be a...

Avoiding "degree mills", seeking real degree! [ 9 Answers ]

I started as an education major in the State University of NY Oswego. I made an unusual, and perhaps unwise decision to put my learning in first place, and made no efforts to get a degree. I read "Pedagogy of the Oppressed" by Ivan Illich, and got turned on to his untraditional, radical approach to...

F1-OPT-H1B Verification [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, based on the info below -Atlanta TaxPayer Expert - you said my F-1 visa status expired on Jan 04. My New question is: Is this true even though I was given an F-1 visa with an expiration date of May-30-2005? Thank you very much!! I have been in the US since August 2000. I started...

How is degree verification done? [ 1 Answers ]

Dear All, I am going to be offering some positions and I may want to require a degree/s. What is the usual way an employer goes about accepting that an applicant has a degree or not? Just accept that the applicant is telling the truth? Asking to see the degree?

View more questions Search