Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    liza99 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2008, 11:28 AM
    Son is jail for probration violation
    This is a long one. My son was in booth camp for 2 yrs. After getting out saw probation officer and paid his money. He has been off Supervised visits for 4 or 5 months. He still has about 4 years of probation to go. He was arrested in Jan. for a misdemeanor charge he has not been convicted? My question can they make him to his last 3 or 4 years.

- moved from Introductions -
    shellyjo68 Posts: 100, Reputation: 11

Feb 25, 2008, 11:42 AM
    Convicted or not he could be forced to finish out his probation time in jail just for being arrested.

I have seen many threatened with that and only one having to do it. It depends a lot on what the probation officer and prosecutor recommends. Letters from any church groups he is involved in or recovery programs he attends can make a positive impact.

If he is not involved in such I recommend he gets involved. If drugs &/or alcohol is not the problem (or even if it is) Celebrate Recovery is a great support program for any "hurt, habit or hang-up". If he is in jail now many groups or individuals can work with him from with in the jail. If he is making a sincere effort to change the courts will look at that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much jail time for probation violation? [ 41 Answers ]

What is the maximum jail time someone could serve for violating (leaving state) a felony probation in Ohio?

Will My Boyfriend Go To Jail For His Probation Violation [ 8 Answers ]

Hey everyone, My boyfriend plead guilty to a 5th degree felony for possession of cocaine (back in 2005) He is currently on his last year of a 2 year probation period (intervention in lieu of conviction) and we believe he will test positive on a recent drug screen for marijuana. What will...

When you get a probation violation do you go to jail or stay out until your hearing? [ 1 Answers ]

I failed my urine test today for weed and have been on probation for two months, will I go streight to jail tomorrow when my p.o. calls me or visits or will I be free until my violation hearing? This is federal...

Will probation violation land me in jail [ 2 Answers ]

I got introuble 6 months ago and got 6months probation ,30 days in jail all but 5 days suspended and lost my license.So I can't drive and live 40 miles from my probation officer. Today she ordered me to come and take a drug test, I can't find a ride there and she says she's giving me a probation...

How do I find my son in jail? [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for my son, who thought he was off parol & celebrated by drinking. He called the police & they put he & his gal pal in Redding, California Jail. I live near Philly in PA. Want to write him a letter, if I could only find him? His name is Michael Anthony Thomson 41 years old, born...

View more questions Search