Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SophieOohie Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2008, 09:45 AM
    Guy on MSN claims his girlfriend is dying
    I've been talking to a guy on MSN who has a username that implies he has a girlfriend. He calls me "babe" and "gorgeous", and when I said his girlfriend would be annoyed by that, he said he was single. I asked him what his username meant then, and he said it was for his mate, who was dying of cancer. A week later he came on and said "My girlfriend dumped me," even though he was supposed to be single.
    "My friend is dying" isn't much of a chat-up line anyway, is it?
    Do you think I should stop talking to him?
    :confused:
    Sophie
    ~Oohie~
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2008, 10:06 AM
    Yes!
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2008, 08:58 AM
    Yes; it's a sympathy play.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 27, 2008, 10:03 AM
    Yes, stop talking to him. If he lies about his so called girlfriend who might or might not be dying, then what else does he lie about? For all you know he is really married. Or any number of things. If his girlfriend is dying, shame on him for playing single.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 27, 2008, 04:32 PM
    I would quit talking to him. Your better off reading fairy tales than wasting your time chatting with someone that can't even keep a straight story!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 27, 2008, 04:50 PM
    People use all sorts of tricks to get people to talk, Always be careful,

When things don't add up, don't risk yourself, move on. How did you start talking to them, what or how did the two of you get together.
    belsammael Posts: 43, Reputation: 6

Mar 11, 2008, 10:43 AM
    Starting a relationship off with lies and when still in a previous relationship doesn't sounds like a good start of a new relationship to me, right?

But I think you already know what to do in this case, right?
    Doodlebug2008 Posts: 11, Reputation: 3

Mar 11, 2008, 10:51 AM
    This guy sounds like an absolute and utter loser. Definitely stop speaking to him. Crikey.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Mar 11, 2008, 10:52 AM
    That sounds... creepy.

Girls' Rule #1 for dating: Don't date creepy guys.

Run. Block the jerk, whatever it takes. Don't talk to him anymore.
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Mar 11, 2008, 12:09 PM
    Yes! Sounds like a creep to me. I would avoid him; sounds weird!
    topladyj Posts: 323, Reputation: 13

Mar 11, 2008, 12:27 PM
    Yeah I would sound creepy and depressing and if you continue to talk to him you will just feel sorry for him plus who knows what he really might have in line for the future.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My girlfriend kiss another guy [ 11 Answers ]

Hello and thank you for advice and view this This is how it all started My girlfriend and I have been dating for awhile now. Until recently I began to change a lot. Mainly do to fact that my girlfriend lied about a lot of things. Anyway when I went to her Grandma house. I found her and her...

Confused.I like a guy but he has a girlfriend [ 2 Answers ]

I really like this guy but the thing is, is that he has a girlfriend. And I don't want to ruin the relationship with him and his girl. They have been together for about 3 years or so. This guy and I were really close friends at first but gradually we became intimate. After that he began to act...

Ninth grade relationship with guy with girlfriend [ 5 Answers ]

Ok... that guy that was in my last forum... Im still crazy about him!! (we did some stuff together last night.. but he STILL has a gilfriend) he felt bad... but my problem is... my parents.. and his parents now are getting involved... My mom doesn't want me getting together with him AT ALL...

Girlfriend best friend is a guy,one of my close friends [ 4 Answers ]

I have a problem with my friend. He has a girlfriend who is best friends with my girlfriend.And... My girlfriend helps my friend out all the time... but I'm worried that they will fall for each other and will start their own relationship. I told my friend how I felt about this but he says she's the...

View more questions Search