Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    serg1386 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2008, 12:51 AM
    Unsupervised probation violation!
    I have been on unsupervised probation for 4 years finishing up in dec of this year now I just recently had a criminal case filed against me for hot checks... and I just checked and it said a warrant has been issued for it... can I pay off the hot checks or is this saying I violated my probation and I can't do anything about it
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2008, 02:32 AM
    Are you saying that you will be finishing up with your unsupervised probation in this year of 2008? If so, then a warrant issued for your arrest and the crime committed is most likely going to be a violation of your probation depending on the severity of the offense and depending on the laws concerning such things where you are located. If you are still on probation, then I would be speaking with your probation officer about what has happened, pronto!
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2008, 05:53 PM
    Expect a probation violation hearing coming your way soon.

Feb 25, 2008, 06:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter
    Expect a probation violation hearing coming your way soon.
    Wroooong I can pay it off

Feb 25, 2008, 06:17 PM
    I just found out info from the pros... it can only be a violation I I get arrested just like if I forgot to pay traffic tickets and they become warrants as long as I don't get arrested its OK... since I don't report to anyone... so thanks for the answers but did not help... where did you guys get your info at anyway
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 25, 2008, 07:50 PM
    Sorry but no, if you are on probation, having a warrant out, and being charged with a crime is all they need to violate you ( and send you to a provation hearing)

If the warrant was just for traffic tickets, then most liekly they will not violate your probation but they can,

For example, you said that you had a case for bad checks filed, that means you are now charged with a crime, and that is all the PO needs.

Not sure what type of pro you talked about but.
    *** police officer, probation officer for short time, and worked in courts and correction for yearss. So when I say they can violate you for being charged with a crime, they can. Most likely not for traffic issue, but most certainly for the bad checks. They may wait to see if you are convicted but normally just being charged is all they need.

Feb 25, 2008, 08:54 PM
    Actually I'm unsupervised probation... and I talked to po's and officers they said the only way is if I get arrested for it if I pay off the warrant then I'm good... basically all they said is don't get caught...
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2008, 09:32 PM
    Hello serg:

Couple things. You shouldn't get your legal advice from bureaucrats. That's who answers the phone down there.

Next is the definition of arrest. Here, I agree with the bureaucrats you talked to. You, however, think an arrest is when they take you to jail. But it isn't. An arrest simply begins the criminal process. When you get a ticket, you've technically been arrested.

So, when the people who make the decisions whether to violate you or not see the warrant for hot checks, they will probably violate you.

Next. Another provision in your probation is to obey the law. Simply by getting traffic ticket can get you violated.

Last thing. The PO people and their office staff aren't your friends. They're not looking out for you. They're looking out for themselves. In fact, they only get ahead when they bust people. And, as difficult as it may be to believe, they'll even lie to bust you. Whoda thunk that?

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unsupervised Probation [ 5 Answers ]

I got a charge w/ 2 Unsupervised Probation. My questions are: 1) If I move to another place, should I report to the local Probation Officer (both out and in locations) 2) If I travel, should I also report to the Probation Office? 3) If I find ajob, should I tell my boss or employer?

Unsupervised probation [ 3 Answers ]

I'm on unsupervised probation for a year I've done 6 months of it I don't know the point of unsupervised probation, now my question is... is there any legal way to by the help of an attorney or otherwise get off probation early like for employment reasons?? :

Unsupervised probation [ 1 Answers ]

Can it be altered or finished early if granted by the courts? A motion made by an attorney CAN IT LEGALY BE DONE yes or no??

Unsupervised probation [ 2 Answers ]

I am on unsupervised probation and I have a court date later on this month about something else. I was charged a month before I was put on probation so if I am found guilty will this violate my probation.

Violation of unsupervised prohbation [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend violated his unsupervised prohbation, issued a court date which he was going to go to, even took off work to make court. Well he took off the wrong day, the day after and missed it. That day he called the courts to let them know what happened. They issued a habeas corpus on him... what...

View more questions Search