Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nightstarr Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2008, 06:16 PM
    Small business start up progams for convicted felons
    Are there any known government programs to assist convicted felons in starting a small business or buying into a franchise ?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 24, 2008, 07:45 PM
    No, there are no progams just for felons, and few programs for buying a business, there are tax breaks for employing enough people, some grants for starting a business in depressed areas or special areas of reasearh, but not enough to pay for all the start up, you will still need loans and personal investments
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2008, 02:41 AM
    What kind of business is it that you are wanting to start or franchise that you are wanting to buy into? Knowing those things would make a difference in the kinds of answers that you will receive here. There are different ways of approaching how to initially fund starting a business depending on what the business is going to be.

Feb 25, 2008, 09:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    What kind of business is it that you are wanting to start or franchise that you are wanting to buy into? Knowing those things would make a difference in the kinds of answers that you will receive here. There are different ways of approaching how to initially fund starting a business depending on what the business is going to be.
    I currently have a small home improvement company. I am looking to buy a power washing franchise, with state of the art equipment, which will allow me to expand my services to homeowners as well as commercial customers.

Feb 25, 2008, 09:25 AM
    I currently have a small home improvement company. I am looking to buy a power washing franchise, with state of the art equipment, which will allow me to expand my services to homeowners as well as commercial customers.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2008, 09:49 AM
    Hello night:

Exconvicts aren't real popular these days. Nope, they don't want to make it easier for you to succeed. But, they don't want to make it harder either.

You're going to need to seek conventional financing for your project. The franchise people should finance you to some degree if they think it's a good deal.

excon

Feb 25, 2008, 12:47 PM
    Thanks buddy appreciate the love
    jvolkan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2008, 05:43 PM
    Are there any assistant programs from the SBA for felons trying to start there own small business?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2008, 06:03 PM
    Hello jv:

No. Read the above. Nobody likes exconvicts.

excon
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2008, 02:08 AM
    Thread is now old and has had sufficient responses as well as dialogue in it. New questions concerning the topic of the original question are welcome to be posted by asking new questions by starting new threads.

THREAD CLOSED.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Grant for small business start up [ 1 Answers ]

I live in central Illinois, and am looking for info on how to get a grant for a small business start up. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks.

Small business start up. [ 1 Answers ]

How do I go about getting bonded to start my own janitorial company? What are the requirements?

How to start a small business. [ 2 Answers ]

I live in a small town and my sister and I are trying to start a small business and do not know what we are really needing to do. Can someone help me find out what I need to do?

Start a small business [ 2 Answers ]

I'm working on staring a small business with a long time friend of mine, we are planing on re-opening an old comics and collectables shop in our hometown, the plus is we already have a good size client base the negative is we have no earthly idea what we are doing or even how to get the business of...

Want to start my own small business [ 4 Answers ]

Hi folks, I want to start my own small business, something like an Internet Café but I don't know how to go about it. Thus, the items I would need, how much capital and all. I would be grateful if someone can help by telling me how go to about it.

View more questions Search