Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    got2bfree Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2008, 01:30 PM
    Is Therapy really an option or should I just cut my losses and move on?
    My husband and I have only been married for one year and in that year of being in the same house with him I am seeing and finding out things about him that not only bothers me but scars me. Ever since we have had to share responsibility he lies about everything; like making the house payment to paying his vehicle note which in the last month we have had to recover his vehicle and go to court to keep the home. He knows that I was not working but paying substantial amount of the bills but gets verbally abusive when his sheets are pulled back. I have asked him more that once to go to counceling and he refuses, I have hypothyroidism and I suppose to have a tsh test done monthly to ensure the right dosage of levothyroxin is given, when we got married he waited until the deadline to try to add me and I was denied medical coverage under his company. But, when he was laid off and lost his coverage used my name and social to get his daughter coverage through the state, made sure I did not see the package come in the mail and I discovered it putting clothing away just today. I have told him that as soon as I get back on my feet (employed) that I intend on moving back out on my own. I feel that he has a lot of issues but I'm wondering if jumping the fence is actually going to help the situation or make it worse. I have two sons 15 and 14 and I don't want them to think this is okay! I have always told them to just be honest. My husband condons cussing and fighting and I don't, he has also been charged with attempt to sell and does not have any remorse for what he has done or doing. I am so tired and confused, I'm to the point that I don't think prayer is going to help anymore.

- moved from Introductions -
    susangpyp Posts: 258, Reputation: 73

Feb 24, 2008, 01:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by got2bfree
    My husband and I have only been married for one year and in that year of being in the same house with him I am seeing and finding out things about him that not only bothers me but scars me. Ever since we have had to share responsibility he lies about everything; like making the house payment to paying his vehicle note which in the last month we have had to recover his vehicle and go to court to keep the home. He knows that I was not working but paying substancial amount of the bills but gets verbally abusive when his sheets are pulled back. I have asked him more that once to go to counceling and he refuses, I have hypothyroidism and I suppose to have a tsh test done monthly to ensure the right dosage of levothyroxin is given, when we got married he waited until the deadline to try to add me and I was denied medical coverage under his company. But, when he was laid off and lost his coverage used my name and social to get his daughter coverage through the state, made sure I did not see the package come in the mail and I discovered it putting clothing away just today. I have told him that as soon as I get back on my feet (employed) that I intend on moving back out on my own. I feel that he has alot of issues but I'm wondering if jumping the fence is actually going to help the situation or make it worse. I have two sons 15 and 14 and I don't want them to think this is okay! I have always told them to just be honest. My husband condons cussing and fighting and I don't, he has also been charged with attempt to sell and does not have any remorse for what he has done or doing. I am so tired and confused, I'm to the point that I don't think prayer is going to help anymore.
    He sounds like a sociopath. None of this was evident before you married him?

I wouldn't want my kids around that stuff either. If he refuses counseling, you probably have no choice but to leave.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 24, 2008, 05:28 PM
    Moved from the introduction section.

Please take a moment to go to the introductoin section and intoduce yourself. Thank you for using our site
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 24, 2008, 08:19 PM
    This man has serious problems. I don't think talking will change him, nor do I believe this behavior has just started. You must not have known him very well, or you made a very impulsive decision, to move in with him. But now you see he is hardly mate material. Protect yourself, and your children. ASAP!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stay with girlfriend or move on! [ 5 Answers ]

OK I have been dating a girl for about 10 years now on and off. We were actually engaged At one point and than broke up. We are also living together right now. Anyway I met this girl through family. I really liked her a lot. She was really pretty, smart, and nice. She started emailing me without...

Should I stay with him? [ 5 Answers ]

I don't like my boyfriend because he smokes but he really like me and I kind of like him but my parents don't like him because he smokes and they think he stupid. I like him when we hang out with each other but when there are other people around he's different but when other people are not around...

How to stay with him [ 11 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been going out for nine months now. I want to do something really special and unforgettable with/to/for him, so if anyone has any ideas, I'd like to know. Thanks!:o :)

I want her out but I want to stay [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I just signed a 12 month lease with my roommate. My parents happen to be the co-signers because we had no credit. I didn't realize how much my roommate likes to party. She is consistently drinking and doing drugs like it is no big deal. New Years day she didn't even show up to work to...

To move or not to move - Tub Drain [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, I am installing a 72" soaker tub into a properly roughed in basement bathroom. The soaker tub's drain is not in the traditional spot and is positioned in the middle of the length of the bath. I have a 2" snub up located about 24-30" from where my tub drain will sit. Do I have to cut up...

View more questions Search