Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    janguera Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2006, 12:51 PM
    How do I rotate a 2D triangle around its center of mass?
    Hello!
    I'm trying to figure out how to calculate the resultant polar coordinates of a triangle following the triangle's 45 degree rotation about it's own center of mass. I've seen how to rotate the triangle using:

In 2D, you make (X,Y) from (x,y) with a rotation by angle t so:
    X = x cos t - y sin t
    Y = x sin t + y cos t

... but this only rotates the triangle with regards to the background. I want to figure out a way to find the NEW polar coordinates of the triangle after a 45 degree rotation. Any and all suggestions/comments are welcome!

Joaquin

Check out some similar questions!

2D Rotation about center of mass [ 1 Answers ]

Hey Everyone! I've posted this question on both the physics and math sites, but I'm hoping that by fishing in all three that I might get an answer sooner! With that in mind... I'm trying to figure out how to calculate the resultant polar coordinates of a triangle following the triangle's...

2D rotations about the center of mass [ 1 Answers ]

Hey all, I've place this post on the Math site, but I'm hoping that I might get an answer from someone here sooner! I'm trying to figure out how to calculate the resultant polar coordinates of a triangle following the triangle's 45 degree rotation about it's own center of mass. I've seen...

Complicated triangle [ 10 Answers ]

We shall call girl A and girl B. I currently possess strong feelings toward girl A, and I am good friends with girl B. The complication is that girl A and girl B are dating each other. Now this 2 have been at each others throats for a long time, there have been countless times that they broke up...

Right Triangle [ 4 Answers ]

How do you solve this using the following formulas? A right triangle has a hypotenuse of 12 cm. Find the lengths of the legs A and B so that the area of the triangle will be a maximum. Find the area. Round the answers to the nearest hundredth. A =1/2 AB and A^2 + B^2 = 12^2

Mass [ 4 Answers ]

What mass of lead(II) nitrate is present in 20.0mL of a solution? See below. Two different lead(II) nitrate solutions are used, each sample is reacted with an excess quantity of a potassium iodide solution, which produces lead(II) iodide.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.