Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    readme_showme Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2008, 11:26 AM
    Matching the cut on chair rail from stairway to 90 deg. Hallway
    I can not match the chair rail cut from the stair way which is approximatly at a 50 deg. Angle up the stair way to the top of hallway on an outside corner. The piece of chair rail that comes up from the stair way is wider after I cut it because of the angle that I have to have coming up the stairs than the piece that intersects at the outside corner from the hallway up stairs, just mitering it at a 45 deg does not match.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Feb 24, 2008, 11:52 AM
    Are you saying that the piece going up the wall ends at a corner. If so, hold the piece going up the stairs back about 6", go horizontal and intersect the outside corner horizontally.
    Attached Images

glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Feb 25, 2008, 05:45 PM
    If your stair way is a standard rise and run, your angles should be around 20 to 25 degrees. Id start with 25 and see what that looks like, that should be close enough to start making some adjustments
    GLEIGHVAH Posts: 29, Reputation: 4

Feb 28, 2008, 08:32 PM
    Hold The Piece Back The Same Distance As The Top Step And Go Horizontal

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to install chair rail in a stairway. [ 5 Answers ]

I am having trouble cutting the angles on the stairway. How do I find the angles?

Chair rail [ 3 Answers ]

I am adding a chair rail in my dinning room, my question regards nailing into the studs, living in Florida the studs are metal (I think steel or aluminum). The nail gun does not have the power to penetrate this kind of stud. Should I just nail into the dry wall or should I use a product such as...

Angle from stairway to hall for chair rail installation [ 2 Answers ]

I am installing chair rail up a stair way at 34" from the top of each step to the bottom of the chair rall when I get to the top of the stairs and transition to the up stairs hallway, I am having difficulty finding the angle of the chair rall to match when it goes to the hall, can this be done or...

Chair Rail [ 2 Answers ]

I have a study that is 9 x 11 with 12' ceilings. What is the best way for me to shorten the height of the room without taking away from the square footage? Should I install chair rail?

Chair Rail [ 3 Answers ]

How High Should Chair Rail Be?

View more questions Search