Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Jan 25, 2006, 11:03 AM
    Open Source
    Microsoft said on Wednesday that the U.S. software giant would offer licenses for some of its source code in a bid to comply with antitrust requirements set by the European Commission.Yipee.
    This of course does not mean,it's time to open the champagne bottles,phone a "rival",and say how much is project x worth to you?" But if bits of code start trickling out,you can bet your grandmothers laundry,that someone,somewhere,will tamper with the damn thing,and (a),either improve it.Whoops,that's not right,that's Open Source Software.This is MS open source.Or,it will be scanned under the microscope so much,that all sorts of little nasties get in.Window bugs anyone?

Question:Why have the EU forced MS's hand,and not just left things alone?

http://news.com.com/Microsoft+to+lic...l?tag=nefd.top
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Jan 28, 2006, 01:07 PM
    Just following on from this,don't sell Windows code on the internet for $40,or you'l get two years in jail: :D

http://news.com.com/Judge+gives+man+...l?tag=nefd.top

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Please help - source of smell in basement? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, I am new to this board and would appreciate your help. We have had a bad sewer smell come and go from our basement - and the smell comes up into the rest of the house. We use the bathroom down there daily, so it's not a case of dried up p-traps, or whatever, and the smell is not in the...

Popups from an unknown source [ 35 Answers ]

I keep getting these popup ads that start with a URL that includes "documentsandsettings/localsettings/temp" and then changes to the ad's URL. I've noticed it also creates folders labeled DlfnTmp1, DlfnTmp2, etc. in the documentsandsettings/localsettings/temp folder. I can't figure out what's...

Is the Linux kernel open source? [ 1 Answers ]

Is the Linux kernel open source? I heard on NPR today that Linus Torvalds is the only person who has access to the source code of the kernel. -zylstra

View more questions Search