Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TrueFaith Posts: 1,202, Reputation: 313
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2008, 12:59 AM
    What to do? Boss loves you boss hates you girl?
    Hey guys

So I'm going out with a chick I work with I know I know not the best :)
    But hey. Anyway I really like this one she seems to give me what I need.
    Now if the boss likes you but not her. What do you do? Not much right

If she gets kicked do I go with her or stay at my job?

This all depends on how much I love her I know or what's best for me

What's best for me is for me to stay in this job

Anyway what would you guys do?
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Feb 24, 2008, 01:14 AM
    I'm sorry, you're kidding right?! For one thing, you call her "a chick you work with"! That doesn't sound like you have much respect for her. Second, you said it depends on how much you "love her"?? I think it might be a case of lust and just the thrill and the challenge of not getting caught fooling around with someone your boss doesn't like. Keep your job buddy!
    youcantstop48 Posts: 152, Reputation: 16

Feb 24, 2008, 01:16 AM
    I agree with starbuck!! Are you going to make more money in her pants or at your job?
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2008, 02:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueFaith
    Hey guys

so im going out with a chick i work with i know i know not the best :)
    but hey. anyway i really like this one she seems to give me what i need.
    now if the boss likes you but not her. what do you do? not much right

If she gets kicked do i go with her or stay at my job?

this all depends on how much i love her i know or whats best for me

whats best for me is for me to stay in this job

anyway what would you guys do?
    Welcome to Realtionships 101 Class True :)

1) Noooooo, don't refer to women as "Chicks" - it's too close to Easter (and that term really isn't "cool" and doesn't reflect that you really care for her, you may very well, but that term just isn't one to use for your girlfriend)

2) "She seems to give me what I need" -

In a relationship, it should be what is mutually given and received. It's not what the other can do for you.

3) Be her friend, and pull her aside and try and help her not get "kicked". You seem to know how to get on the bosses good side, have a chat with your girlfriend and try and get her to be more productive at work and at less risk for losing her job.

4) Of course you don't leave a job because someone you like has been fired. Keep your head about you and keep work at work and personal life off hours.

Class dismissed ;)
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 24, 2008, 10:01 AM
    She might be fun, but you quickly will find, love don't pay the rent. There ain't that much love in the world, worth quitting a job over.
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2008, 10:06 AM
    I agree talan very true point

Thank you all for your advice

Regards
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2008, 10:08 AM
    I'd keep right on going out with her and let her deal with whatever problems she's having with the boss.
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2008, 03:53 PM
    I agree my job does take me all ove the world though. So I hope we can both be strong enough to make this work

Although I really have my doubts about L.D relationships :)

Grr

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

In love with boss - what to do [ 14 Answers ]

I am in love with my boss. He's all I think about. The problem is he's in a relationship and our employment situation is such that it would be frowned upon ethically if we started seeing one another as I am apprentice and he is my sponsor (professionally speaking). His relationship is kind of on...

Slandedr by my ex boss [ 4 Answers ]

Please help I worked for this lady at a convince store for over a year I worked 17 hours a day with out a day off for 9 months I only made 6.00 a hour which was not even mim-wage I found out latter. I quit not too long ago. And ever since I quit she has been slander my good name. She told everybody...

Boss firing employees after boss resigns [ 1 Answers ]

Is it legal in California for a CEO to fire employees AFTER the CEO has resigned? My understanding is that the CEO can no longer hire, fire or negotiate contracts after they have tendered their resignation.

Who's the Boss? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm the Boss The boss was complaining in our staff meeting the other day that he wasn't getting any respect. The next day, he brought a small sign that read: "I'm the Boss!" He then taped it to his office door. Later that day when he returned from lunch, he found that someone had...

Trying to please the boss [ 2 Answers ]

Help please - I love to cook- all sorts of foods and my boss knows this and know he has asked me to make something from his past and I can't find a rec. for it anywhere - The name of it is Sarmoli Momaliga (its a romaninan dish ) Im sure I spelled it totally wrong but you get the idea ....

View more questions Search