Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChickenW Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2008, 07:29 PM
    "Clunk" sound when turning
    Hi everyone,

I own a 2004 Chevy Blazer. I noticed a few days ago that when I make a "hard" left hand turn I can hear a loud "clunk" that seems to be coming from the front passenger side. I had someone in the passanger seat and she said she could feel it through the floor. Any ideas what this could be? I don't hear it when I turn to the right. And it's only on sharp lefts.

C.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2008, 07:38 PM
    Have your steering system inspected, could be a ball joint in need of repair. Or a bad king pin, not sure of which you have a problem with.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2008, 07:39 PM
    I remember that only when turning left problem I think it was the CV joint if I remember correctly.
    ChickenW Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2008, 08:06 PM
    Thanks to you both! Are these things expensive to repair?
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Feb 23, 2008, 10:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenW
    Hi everyone,

I own a 2004 Chevy Blazer. I noticed a few days ago that when I make a "hard" left hand turn I can hear a loud "clunk" that seems to be coming from the front passenger side. I had someone in the passanger seat and she said she could feel it through the floor. Any ideas what this could be? I don't hear it when I turn to the right. And it's only on sharp lefts.

C.
    Anti-sway (stabilizer bar) bar bushings or links are a possibility.
    That is the most likely to be heard or felt through the floorboard.
    Have a shop inspect this before it becomes more of an issue than just noise.
    novaman Posts: 21, Reputation: 4

Feb 25, 2008, 06:11 AM
    2 WD or 4 WD?
    Have it looked at before it gets dangerous.

We had a similar one in the shop recently (4wd) and was the rear torsion bar mount. These were steel but somehow it came apart and made all kinds of noise turning. Felt it in the floor during a test drive but on the rack it didn't move. The unsprung weight or wheels dropped it was hiding but once we hit the frame rack it was obvious.

Still, Have it looked at. Just in case something is ready to "POP" and leaves you walking.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2008, 07:35 AM
    A mechanic will probably jack up front tires off ground, and grab wheel top and bottom, then side to side, rocking back and forth or up and down to expose free play in defective parts. Alignment is necessary after replacing defective part, bushing?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Volvo S80 - Door Lock is making a "spitting" sound when locking/unlocking [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 2000 S80 T6 that has suddenly started making sort of a spitting sound in the back driver side door lock when the locks are prompted to lock/unlock. It doesn't usually keep the lock from functioning, but there have been a few instances where the lock doesn't lock. Any thoughts on what...

A/C Fan Emitting Loud "Whrrrr" Sound and spins slowly [ 15 Answers ]

Hello, My A/C Fan was emitting a loud "Whrrrr". Which gets loud, then soft, the loud again. Almost like the sound is oscillating. And Once in a while it starts "coughing", then It's back to the "Whrrr"s again. Well, today the blades stopped spinning (actually it is spinning, so...

Monitor keeps turning off until "warmed up" [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all. I'm having an annoying problem with my monitor. Whenever I boot up my computer and enter Windows XP my monitor will keep turning off an on for a minute or two until it is warmed up. It also does this when the computer wakes up from sleep mode. Sometimes it will turn off and I'll have to...

HELP... Sound Design in "le fabuleux destin d'amelie pulain" [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am a new member in this forum. As I am studying multimedia, & I have to choose a movie not necesseraly new, & to study the sound design in it, I would like to give me your opinion about the sound in "LE FABULEUX DESTIN D'AMELIE POULAIN" for Jean-Pierre Jeunet. I'll be pleased if someone will...

View more questions Search