Ask
    bx kid Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2008, 07:28 PM
    Unclog vents
    How to unclog a bathtub vent?
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2008, 07:39 PM
    Are you referring to a vent that is on the exterior of the house, through the roof, or an under counter vent?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 24, 2008, 06:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bx kid
    How to unclog a bathtub vent?
    Your question's confusing so I'm going to assume that you have a stopped up tub drain and are asking how to snake it out. Correct??
    Unscrew and remove the overflow plate,(The one with the drain lever) and pull out the tub stopper. You now have a clear shot at the trap. The way you were going in through the drain it ran you square into a tee that you can't get around. Now feed the cable( 1/4" best or 3/8" with a small auger tip. You can rent a Ridgid K50 sink cable.) About 2' down you will run into the bend of the trap. Crank and push at the same time to work around it. Your blockage will be found in the lateral pipe going to the stack. You shouln't have to put out more then 10 or 12 feet. I have found tub and shower clogs to be mostly hair and the worm should auger into it and pull it back. Hope this helps, TOM

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to unclog a vent pipe. [ 1 Answers ]

How do I unclog a vent pipe for a bathroom?

Drainage unclog/reclog [ 5 Answers ]

I own a home built in the 30's. My entire drainage system has been sluggish for about a month. Now it's totally backed up into the toilets and bathtubs. I snaked the line from the septic tank towards the house, then a bunch of sewage came along and drained into the tank. I thought the problem was...

How do you unclog a toilate? [ 3 Answers ]

I have tried a plunger, of course first. Then went to Lowe's and got a toilate auger 3' and tried that, still the toilate will not flush without me having to turn off water and let it SLOWLY drain out. Is there anything else I can try before calling a plumber? Thanks!

Why are there vents? [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: Okay, it looks like moving the toilet is way beyond my diy skills right now. So I am back to the original plan of just moving the supply lines. Ripping the drywall off has revealed even more interesting things. The cold water pipe looks like that mousetrap game with more turns than a...

Unclog toilet drain [ 7 Answers ]

I live in a 2nd floor apartment. I used a clorox disposable toilet brush cleaner and it was accidentally flushed down the drain. Is there anything I can do to either retrieve it or can I try to push it down into a larger pipe. What do you advise. My landlord states I will have to pay a plumber to...

View more questions Search