Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angelcar2902 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2008, 07:07 PM
    Getting hired with a dwi
    I Was Going To Get Hired By The City Of Mcallen And They Ran A Background Check On Me And It Came Back That It Had A Dwi On 04-19-97. This Position Is For A Custodian And It Has No Info On Dwi. They Sent Me A Letter Say They Found Out I Had A Dwi And That It Was Ganna Be Part Of The Hiring Process. Can They Use That Even Though It Was Ten Years Ago.

- Moved from Introductions -
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 23, 2008, 08:37 PM
    Yes, DWI are serious, many places that employ people will not hire people that have been convicted of varoius crimes. And some jobs may require driving city vechiles at some time, so their insurance may not allow it either.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2008, 10:12 PM
    (Question moved from Introductions to more appropriate topic area to get more exposure to those who are best able to answer the question.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hired a bad contractor [ 7 Answers ]

Long story short; my husband and I hired a contractor to install a patio in our yard. He did a lousy job, agreed he did a lousy job, and agreed to re-do it. He ripped it out, left us with a gravel pit and we never heard from him again. After many ignored phone calls we filed against him in small...

I hired a really good attorney. [ 18 Answers ]

I conducted myself well in the appointment, and he was nothing but an {deleted}. I have hired him though, and he costed a total of $1262.50 including GST. That wasn't why he was a {deleted}, I don't think I conducted myself well, but lawyers aren't supposed to be that judgemental. BUT he told me he...

Past drug use stop my getting hired for city job [ 3 Answers ]

I have curently waiting to be called for the sanitation dept and don't know if I am wasting my time. I have in the past been arested for misdimeaner drug possession and one of the charges shows up on my driving record even though I was no where near a car.Will they still call me??

36 weeks pregnant, EX-BF hired lawyer.. [ 1 Answers ]

good evening, all! i am new to this forum, so be nice! i am 9 months (36 weeks) pregnant, and recently broke up with the baby's father, "jack". in my opinion he is a selfish a$$hole who doesn't think about anyone besides himself, and it took me about two years to figure this out. guess i'm a...

View more questions Search