Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    usmar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2006, 07:40 AM
    Living in MD working DE
    In Nov. 2005 I permanently moved form California to Maryland and started a new job right away in DE, while being a resident of MD. My question is do I need to file state taxes for each of these three states separately. The last couple of years I have used Tax Act and Turbo Tax without any problems. Do you think these software programs can help with these type of situations, or should I just have it done professionally this year?

Thanks
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 25, 2006, 11:18 AM
    Usmar:

You would pay CA for the taxes owed on income earned in California.

You would pay DE for the taxes owed on income earned in Delaware.

You would pay Maryland for taxes on income earned while a Maryland resident. To avoid double taxation, Maryland would give you a credit for the taxes you paid to Delaware.

The complexity of your tax situation seems to dictate the need to use a tax professional this time around.

I am available for this work. You can contact me at [email protected] for a rate quote.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Living in NY working in NJ [ 1 Answers ]

What type of taxes will I have living in NY and working in NJ? Do I get taxed twice or what? Why do I have to pay taxes in NY if I'm in NJ? Im confused about this whole thing is it worth living in NY and working in NJ?

Living in WV, Working in VA [ 1 Answers ]

I am contemplating taking a job in Virginia. However, I live in WV. Will my employer withhold WV tax and if they don't, how do I have them withheld? Additionally, how do we handle this when we file our annual tax returns? Will I have to file a return for both WV and VA? :confused: Thanks...

Living n Nj and working in Ny [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I just move to Jersey City, NJ and I work in Manhattan, NY. I would like to know what taxes do I pay to NY and what do I pay to NJ and what is the by-weekly percentage taken off for each one of these deductions. Thank yoou

Living in jersey working in ny [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I also am about to move to New Jersey and I would like to know what to expect from my taxes. I currently make 36,000 a year and I am married, no kids. Can I add my transportation to my taxes next year given how I will have to use both ny transit (trains) and nj transit?

Living in NY but working in NJ [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, My husband works in NJ but we live in NY. His job sent him so many w-2's it is so confusing. We use taxcut to do our taxes usually. Do we have to enter w-2's separately like one for NY and one for NJ? Or just add them up? Any help would be appreciated. For federal we would have to...

View more questions Search