Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cindy1967 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2008, 01:08 PM
    Mobile Home Owner in 55+ community
    My parents Own a mobile home in a 55+ community and have been evicted. They are now renting a home out of the community, but can't afford the rent for the home their in now AND pay the LOt rent on the mobile home they own.They are trying to sell the mobile home , but are not paying the lot rent. Are they going to loose their mobile home before selling it, if not sold.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 23, 2008, 01:48 PM
    How can they get "evicted" from a mobile home they own. Not legally possible that I know of?

Please explain fully how and what is happening.

Feb 23, 2008, 06:34 PM
    Me and my son were homeless and they took us in.We had made agreement for a time to leave and things did not work out for all of us to get out on said agreement.Which is the end of this month.So they gave them a seven day notice because of said agreement.My parents are not going to let me and my son go homeless again.So they are breaking the rules and agreements signed with property owner.. After the end of month, if me and my son are not gone.The property managers lawer are filing the eviction to my parents.We WERE going to buy a house.That's why were not gone yet.Thats not going to happen so we are going to rent.So we are needing to be out in 3 weeks, which we will.

So then would come my original Question.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 23, 2008, 08:56 PM
    It is hard to say, the rent on the land will keep adding up, if they sue and get a judgement, they could put a lien on the home.

I just don't understand why they moved out, I doubt the mobile home people would have won in court, they should have stayed and fought the action, it was a term of the lease on the land I will assume

Most 55 plus communities have to by state law allow a certain percentage of under 55, You need a real good real esate attorney before anyone moved out of home.

Feb 23, 2008, 09:02 PM
    Thanks for your help.I will speak with someone Monday.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2008, 02:41 PM
    If you were living in the mobile home with your parents they broke the lease agreement of the under 55 age restriction. The fact they moved out of this home and into another home and now cannot make the rent payments for their other home. Yes, the mobile home community CAN evict them from their original home due to non payment of rent. Then once they are formally evicted from house #1, they must either immediately sell this home or remove it from the property as the home will essentially not be able to be there if the lot rent is not paid on it.

They need to come to some kind of understanding with the park management about this. If you and your son are gone, possibly the park management will let them move back into home #1 if the owners of home #2 will let them out of the lease. The reason they got evicted in the first place is due to you and your son living in the home. They must talk to the park management about this immediately - now, not later down the road.

The fact that their home is sitting on their land, once they are formally evicted out of home #1 they must keep paying lot rent or the home can be considered abandoned and the park management can and will tow it off the premises in a heartbeat after they do the proper paperwork with the court.

Sorry, Chuck, they just don't sue and put a lien against the mobile home - they tow it out of the park.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you foreclose/repossess/ evict from owner financed mobile home I'm mass? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband sold our mobile home to a woman on ssdi she knew the contract conditions,now she has no electric,no home owners and she has taken out appliances in the mobile and gave them away even tough contract states she cannot,she alao cancelled her homeowners insurance which is in...

Park owner demands fee foe selling mobile home? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello all. First post/question here. Please advise if possible. My wife & I own a mobile home in a mobile home park here in California. We just received our new lease paperwork, and in it, there is a new stipulation. The park owner is demanding a 5% "fee" or "commission" from any park resident...

Garden Tub Faucet - Home of Legend mobile home [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My sister has a leaky garden tub faucet. We can't determine how to access under the faucet. There is no access door. A closet is behind the faucet. When we remove the wallboard, we find the distance from the opening to the faucet too far away to access. Can you help? Thanks, Mary

Lien on my mobile home/ 100 o/o owner of it [ 1 Answers ]

:mad: I was evicted 1 month after paying off my home and now they have put a lien on it! Before paying it off (mobile home) my plan was to sell it and move on. Been living there for 12 years. The home was foreclosed on and I was just about going to lose it (july) , but my mom helped and loaned me...

View more questions Search