Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ladytab Posts: 29, Reputation: 6

Feb 23, 2008, 12:01 PM
    Herpes. What do you think?
    Okay, so I'm 18, just found out that I have contracted herpes at some point or another and now I'm a little confused. I've been with the same guy for the past 6 months and neither of us has messed around with other people. He was tested for STD but wasn't aware of the fact that they don't test for herpes when you go in for that, and about two weeks ago the blisters of herpes began to appear.
    To me, seems like I would have experienced the symptoms by now, and he said he's never had any symptoms of herpes, so when I tested positive he went to the doctor to get a blood test but we haven't heard the results yet.
    From what my gyno told me, he could have had it from his last girlfriend (who was nearly two years ago, but did contract chlamydia from) and just never shown any signs, but when he went to the doctor to get the blood test he said that he more than likely didn't have herpes because most guys do show symptoms, which goes against what my dr. told me and the research that we've done.
    Before my current boyfriend the last guy I was with was about 2 months before him and the condom did break, so what do you think? In my opinion I think I got it from my current boyfriend but when his doctor said that it worried me that it wasn't him.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2008, 12:26 PM
    Herpes is one of those very unpredictable things. Symptoms can come and go or years can go by without any symptoms. It's almost impossible to tell who you contracted it from unless you have every former and current sexual partner tested and all but one test negative for herpes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Herpes [ 5 Answers ]

Can you receive herpes from someone infected through smoking a cigarette behind them?

What is herpes? [ 2 Answers ]

I've had check ups by a gyno and all seems well, but for the last 5 or so years, I have had a bump show up on the hair area down there. It shows up maybe 2 or three times a year, so I always forget to ask about it at the gyno. Once he saw it and said what is that, and I said I don't know, and...

Do I have herpes [ 6 Answers ]

I had sex with my boyfriend than. The next day I was sore. Than I broke out with blisters down there a couple days after. The doctor says its herpes but didn't take a swab test. Can someone please help me.

Bump.but not herpes? [ 2 Answers ]

Im a somewhat healthy 21 year old I have always had problems with a regular period or what not. I have noticed a lot of sharp pain in lover abdomen, not only that last week right before I left out of town me and my husband had sex but I was not lubricated enough and it hurt except 2 days after I...

Gential herpes [ 5 Answers ]

I was dating a man with genital herpes . We were sexual active only a few times some of them were protected and a couple unprotected. I have been separated him over a month now and I just noticed a small bump near my thigh and another small one on my outside vagina. The bumps are red. They only...

View more questions Search