Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1099669 Posts: 63, Reputation: 4

Dec 8, 2008, 08:28 AM

I am not sure of the outcome. In my opinion he should. If it were you or me we would. This is a crime, but I am sure he will hire some big shot lawyer and fight it. Probably end up serving some community service.
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2008, 08:34 AM

Proabably. They always get a slap on the wrist. I think it is illegal to carry a gun in New York, or at least without a permit, which reminds me I have to get mine, before obama takes it away. I like Burress but he really shouldn't have done something so stupid!!

Dec 8, 2008, 09:04 AM

I used to be a police office in the NYPD and it is illegal to carry a pistol without a permit. The only way to get a carry permit was to own your own business, transport money, or law enforcement. This was seven years ago and five states ago, I am not sure what the laws are now. But he was carrying the weapon illegally.
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2008, 10:17 AM

That's what I thought. Either way, he should serve some time. I want to be a police officer so bad, but more than likely it will never happen. I really respect all officers!

Dec 8, 2008, 11:17 AM

Why do you think this will never happen? Have you tried?
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2008, 11:34 AM

I am only 19 not much I can do now. Ever since I was in kindergarten I wanted to be a police officer. I might one day pursue it, but I don't know.

Dec 8, 2008, 03:03 PM

There is plenty you can do now. When I was 19 I was in the Marine corp. I served in the first Gulf war and stayed in for nine years. I was a DI for 36 months as a Gunney SGT. When I left the corp I became a police officer. I had to take a written exam and was then selected to take the physical exam. Next thing you know I was in the police academy. Make sure you do plenty of reading and keep yourself physically fit. The academy will teach you what you need to know about law enforcement. Some states require college to apply. Have you researched your police dept.
    DonaldM_23 Posts: 86, Reputation: 10

Dec 9, 2008, 10:27 AM

Just to give a little light on the story of Plaxico. A lot of people ask why didn't he put the safety clip on. To those familiar with a glock there is no safety clip, When you fire a glock the first pressure or click sound on the trigger will not fire a bullet it's the second click a bullet will fire. Plaxico didn't even take the time to understand how to operate his firearm. What if he was in a position where he was getting rob that night? Dum move,
    Ultra Member

Dec 15, 2008, 11:45 AM

I am familiar with the Glock. My brother-in-law with the local sheriffs department owns one and it doesn't have a safety. He bought it off an officer there and they don't carry them anymore but I was pretty sure that police issued guns didn't have safety's I could be completely wrong though! But yea, what an idiot for not knowing what he was doing!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Classicboxset cowboys [ 10 Answers ]

I odered from this company at the end of Nov and my order arrived yesterday. Apart from the long delivery time, the item was wrapped in brown paper only which meant it arrived battered as it had come from China! The item was a suitcase holding DVDs (not the item I ordered! - the handle was...

Go Giants! [ 5 Answers ]

Didn't I say they would win?

New York Giants [ 21 Answers ]

The Giants offense started strong with Eli Manning throwing right on target. He was able to keep his offense on the field and Favre and pals on the sideline. One can only wonder what the Giants would be like if he had two more receivers that could catch a football like Plaxico. The Packers...

The Giants Win the Super Bowl! [ 8 Answers ]

UNBELIEVABLE! Who'd have thunk it!! The greatest Giant victory ever! The greatest Giant season ever! The greatest Super Bowl Ever! WOW!!

What about Eli Manning and the Giants? [ 3 Answers ]

No interceptions for Ely; apparently his receivers decided to show-up and play. Can the Giants repeat v. the Cowboys? Who is watching Romo?

View more questions Search