Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2006, 03:40 AM
    We are on a journey...
    'It's not just about looking for the right qualities, it's about the connection. When sparks start flying and you click with someone - just as Pete and I did. I just knew. He does not have all the qualities I was dreaming of in a Man, but he is so special and as wildcat said "Different" and that's what I love him for. If the Man I had dreamed about did walk into my life to sweep me off my feet, I would probably have to decline as Pete means so much more to me than some dream'

This is something Iposted in another Thread but something I wanted to talk about and share with you all.

After the events of the last few days, things have just clicked.

We are all on a journey to fnd the right person to spend the rest of our lives with. Some of us find that person more quick than others, and others take may get married divorced and start on their journey again.

The point I am trying to make is that although I have had a few boyfriends since I was 16yrs, and things just have not worked out for whatever reason.

Pete has been living next door to me for a few years now (since I moved to his street) and was there in passing even when I was with my ex. Since my ex and I split we have slowly and surely got to know each other a little better. I was seeing other guys, but Pete became a friend, came to my 21st birthday and months later we bump into each other on a nightout, get talking for hours, fixed up a proper date and have been together ever since.

But in that time I have come to realise that Pete pocesses qualities of each bloke I have been out with. It's almost like I have known all along what I was looking for, but only found a small part in each guy I have been with. Now Pete has come into my life, he possesses all the qualities I have been searching for but best of all he has even better qualties that I did not even think existed.

The fact is he is unique and I love him for just being him. There are always sparks flying, we have a fab connection and we just click without a doubt. We talk to each other about everything, we tease each other, we have a good giggle together, constantly take the mick out of each other, but on a serious note are very warm and loving towards each other, support each other and help each other out anyway we can.

It was just something I have been thinking about. I am not sure I have expalined what I am trying to say all that well, but I am sure you guys will help me out.
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2006, 04:15 AM
    Each journey is different too, but everyone just as special.
    Enjoy what you have you never know what tomorrow brings, I get up every day knowing how lucky I am but there's always something at the back of my head that says don't take it for granted and that's quite sad really.
    Good luck to you poppet keepa hold of that man and treat every day like it's the first.
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2006, 04:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by curlybenswife
    treat every day like its the first.
    And every night as if it were your last ;)
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2006, 04:37 AM
    LOL couldn't have said that better not very ideal mind when there's a 17 week old baby in the room too ;)
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2006, 04:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by curlybenswife
    LOL couldnt have said that better not very ideal mind when theres a 17 week old baby in the room too ;)
    Very true, I did not think of that!
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2006, 04:44 AM
    Can't be doing with her waking up I can assure you ;)
    bizygurl Posts: 522, Reputation: 110

Jan 25, 2006, 04:56 AM
    Very Well put DJ'H, Im very happy you found Pete. Its funny how every ounce in awhile we will have a revelation that the events that are happening in our lives are starting to fall in place, like they should. And Im a firm believer that you tend to find the people ie-relationships, friendships when your not expecting it.
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2006, 05:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bizygurl
    Very Well put DJ'H, Im very happy you found Pete. Its funny how every ounce in awhile we will have a revelation that the events that are happening in our lives are starting to fall in place, like they should. And Im a firm believer that you tend to find the people ie-relationships, friendships when your not expecting it.
    I agree 100% - they always come when you least expect it ;)
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2006, 04:32 PM
    "Since my ex and I split we have slowly and surely got to know eachother a little better. " - that's the right way to do it. Not having to junp in the sack the first night.
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2006, 02:56 AM
    "that's the right way to do it. Not having to junp in the sack the first night".

We waited a month before anything in the bedroom department happened. The first couple of weeks we just went back to our own houses at the end of every night (even though we only live next door to eachother) I stayed over at his after a couple of weeks, but all we did was snuggle up to each other. He stayed at mine after 3 weeks and again nothing happened, we just snuggled up and then after about a month things happened. But Pete made it very clear to me on our first date he said: "I am not looking for a one night stand or a bit of fun; I am looking for something more meaningful" I told him that I was too - so we both knew exactly where each other stood. Then after our first date we walked home together and he said "Iwould invite you in, but I don't weant this to be something that just fizzles out" - he is by far the perfect gentleman!!
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2006, 11:40 AM
    Man, that's right way to do it - IF you're looking to develop a relationship.

You should write a book on that.

I really like this guy Pete.

No Pressure Pete.

People - learn from this!
    blueiman Posts: 158, Reputation: 5

Jan 26, 2006, 03:38 PM
    Nice post
    DJ H, I envy you. Sounds like true love. True love is very rare and not to many relationships have that true love thing going on.
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2006, 04:07 PM
    People rush into things these days - it's all instant gratification. I want it now society. Love doesn't work that way.
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2006, 02:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat21
    Man, that's right way to do it - IF you're looking to develop a relationship.

You should write a book on that.

I really like this guy Pete.

No Presure Pete.

People - learn from this!
    I could write a book lol

Pete is liked by most people - he is very popular and you can see why.
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2006, 02:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat21
    People rush into things these days - it's all instant gratification. I want it now society. Love doesn't work that way.
    I agree 100%
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2006, 02:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by blueiman
    DJ H, i envy you. sounds like true love. true love is very rare and not to many relationships have that true love thing going on.
    Reading that makes it all seem so real lol - Pete came over last night. We did not see each other Wednesday - I went to see my step-dad and he went out to see an old friend. We had such a lovely time last night, all snuggled up on the sofa in front of the TV. I love his hugs, I think I was so comfortable and felt so warm and safe I fell asleep on him for a bit lol, then he had to wake me up so that I could go to bed and so that he could go home to bed. He could see I was shattered and he had to be up and ready for work by 6am. Bless him - he is an Electrcian you see :)
    bizygurl Posts: 522, Reputation: 110

Jan 27, 2006, 06:55 AM
    ;) What a wonderful guy, he seems like he is destined to be the one for you. You are so lucky that you found him when you did.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jan 27, 2006, 07:09 AM
    DJ H,

Hello, You seem like your doing really well. I thought I would never ever be with somebody. Never get married , etc... Becoming friends first is defiantly very important. Then when it happens, yes it is very unexpected indeed. We are our firsts. We waited a year in a half for many things. It is very important to take time and to try to enjoy every moment. It is great advice about living each day as if it was your first. That is awsome that you were able to meet Pete and that you are all doing well. Life is a wonderful experience, it is all in how your outlook in life is. Just wanted to add some thoughts with my own experience a little bit.

Joe

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search