Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Megasm Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2008, 02:25 AM
    violation of probation?
    In Manchester Missouri,
    I have been on probation for possession of marijuana(uncontrolled, DO NOT HAVE A PROBATION OFFICER!! ) for a year, and I have a year to go.

Well, recently in the past month I got pulled over for running a stop sign, and I got a ticket for that as well as not having car insurance.

Is having no car insurance and getting a ticket for it breaking probation? What's going to happen? I'm freaking out, and I need help.

:(
    xHypoCondriacx Posts: 118, Reputation: 3

Feb 23, 2008, 03:13 AM
    Well they might just extend the perioud of time of your probation, Im not sure if it counts as a violation of probation, But then again most things do, I know from experience.

But if worst comes to worst try and talk to your probation officer, In a nice friendly manner, and try to make him be understanding, It might work
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2008, 06:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Megasm
    Is having no car insurance and getting a ticket for it breaking probation?
    Hello Megasm:

One of the provisions of probation is to obey all laws. You didn't. Therefore, you violated your probation. Another provision is to report all police contacts. If you didn't tell your PO about the ticket, that's another violation.

Now, I don't know what your PO would do about it. They don't have to FILE the violation. Getting a ticket ain't no big deal. NOT telling your PO about it, could be a big deal. It depends on your PO. Some are cool - most ain't.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 23, 2008, 07:35 AM
    First what is your Probatoin for, if it was for DUI and not having insurance on your car, I would say yes, the probation officer is going to look at this serioulsy.

But if you were on PO for stealing or for fighting or something else, I doubt if the PO will even bother.

But not telling the PO will be a big deal, if he looks at your record on the computer and find it, and looks and you did not tell him, then it becomea a real big deal

It can just depend, if your PO was hit by somme uninsured driver last month and had to pay to fix his own car, heck he may want to bury you,
    Some people ( like myself) see driving with no insurance very serous,

But no matter what, you tell your PO and work with it.
    Megasm Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2008, 12:24 PM
    I don't have a probation officer.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2008, 12:31 PM
    I doubt that a mere traffic violation would constitute grounds for violation. Pay the fine and get your car insured immediately. In the future, drive according to the letter of the law. If the posted speed limit is 35, do 35 (or less.) When at a stop sign, come to a complete stop before proceeding.
    xHypoCondriacx Posts: 118, Reputation: 3

Feb 24, 2008, 03:22 AM
    Well, let us know what happens
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2008, 04:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Megasm
    i don't have a probation officer.
    Hello again, Meg:

I think you do. You just haven't been supervised by them. You'll meet them soon.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Violation of probation [ 5 Answers ]

I failed my urin test for the 2nd time. Is it natural that they ask for jail time? They want to give me 60 days or 30 in work release. It just seems that it would be after 3 when you get jail time? Is there anything I can do to avoid jail time?

Probation violation [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my boyfriend went to his probation meeting and when he got there she told him that to come back at 1:00 he then went in front of the judge and this was for well his ex wife lost their kids in foster care. The case manager for the kids contacted his probation officer and when she said he was not...

Violation of Probation? [ 1 Answers ]

If someone is on Propation and get a PBJ on a DUI charge, is that considered violation of probation?

Probation Violation [ 10 Answers ]

I am a probation violator in the State of Virginia... Will my probation officer look out of state for me if he has a brother or sister address... I have a lot of time over my head but non violent charges.. What will they more than likely do when it comes to looking for me?

Probation Violation ? [ 2 Answers ]

I was doing well on probation for drug sales.Made it to mail in,had to report every third month.Got in trouble with CPS.failed a drug test with CPS.When time to report to PO.I got scared because of failed test with CPS.It's been 5 months since contact with PO of any kind.What am I looking at,and...

View more questions Search