Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2008, 10:36 PM
    Are acorns bad for dogs?
    Trink is just in love with them! And, given that my house and neighborhood is full of live oaks, which have many small (like pinky nail size) acorns, it's hard to keep her from scarfing at least a few of them down when we are out. She'll be sniffing around, and then just find one and have it swallowed before I realize that she's stopped sniffing.

So... as long as she only gets the odd ones that I don't see... how bad are these for her?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2008, 10:46 PM
    I looked it up and it seems like a common question
    The answers ranged from not good to toxic.

AHP Forums

http://ndrc.tripod.com/photo.htm

Stuff you shouldn't feed your [email protected]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Movies about Trollies, They come from acorns? [ 6 Answers ]

I used to watch this movie when I was little, and I remember the song, "trollies come from acorns, and that's how trollies are born!" Does anyone remember this movie? ANd if yes, what is that title of the movie? I can't think of it and it's driving me crazy!

Are hot dogs safe for dogs [ 7 Answers ]

Are hot dogs safe for me to feed to my dog,or are there any health issues I should be concerned with?

Multiple female dogs. Good or bad [ 6 Answers ]

We have a 10 month old female husky. We are looking a 12 week old female, is there a potential problem for bad competition between them in the future? Is it OK to get another female or would it be better if we got a male? Please help me!! :confused:

Rawhide bad for dogs? [ 8 Answers ]

I just got a new puppy, I have not had I dog since I was I little kid so I am kind of clueless. So my friend told me that rawhide bones are bad for dogs, is that true? Cause when I was growing up my dogs always had these treats, and they were completely fine.

Is Hot Sauce Bad For Dogs? [ 4 Answers ]

My 13 week old Dane gets in to and onto every thing. He had a taste of some hot sauce. Don't know if if will hut him,aside from the burn. Are there any dangers? Thanks

View more questions Search