Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dalerod Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2008, 06:25 PM
    Garnish bank account
    Can you tell me if a utility company can garnish my bank account for a 1 year old bill not paid
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 22, 2008, 06:42 PM
    They may sue you in court, get a judgement and then garnish your bank account in those states that allow garnishment of bank accounts
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 22, 2008, 07:00 PM
    In almost every instance, if a creditor can obtain a judgement by suing you, they can then attach your bank accounts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Garnish alimony from bank account in another country [ 11 Answers ]

Can the Florida family court garnish my bank account in another country?

Can a creditor garnish my wages or take money out of my bank account? [ 2 Answers ]

I recently received court papers from an old credit card debt. The paper say I have 30 days to respond or judgement will be ruled in favor of creditor. I called the creditor and they will not take less than $350/month for my $4000 debt. I'm a single mother of 2 and cannot afford $350 a month. ...

Can a creditor garnish a bank account if there is a payment agreement? [ 3 Answers ]

A while back I asked a question for my friend who is disabled on social assistance, and was being bothered by creditors. Well, since that time, she has made arrangements with the creditors and is paying them $25 a month towards her debt, which is all she can afford with her low income. The...

View more questions Search