Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moshimoshi Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2006, 08:09 PM
    Icky, dry skin?
    Hello, quick question.
    On weekdays, when I take a shower early in the morning, sometimes I get out and my skin feels incredibly dry and just gross. Lotions or anything don't do anything at all. But when I shower on weekends at a different time, I'm fine. I can't stand skipping a day without a shower because that's pretty gross as well. I don't know what to do, and sometimes it's weird- like every Thursday ill get like this. Its been going on for a while, and its annoying. Can some one please help?
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Jan 24, 2006, 08:14 PM
    Have you tried switching to a moisturizing body wash. It could be the soap you are using. Of course that doesn't explain why it doesn't happen on the weekends. Could be stress related. I would see a dermatologist for one thing and see if they can get you anything. Maybe take a vacation.
    moshimoshi Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2006, 08:36 PM
    Switching soap doesn't do much help. Its just when I have to be up early, and I jump in the shower.

I don't know really what to do

Maybe I should just skip my usual Sunday shower, for Monday?
    dimples Posts: 256, Reputation: 9

Jan 28, 2006, 05:37 AM
    Do not use soaps when you have dry skin. A body wash is a better alternative. Also, I put some drops of Neutrogena body oil in a small cup with water & that is my final wask in the shower. It tends to trap in moisture. You may add some oil in your lotion for better moisture retention. At night, I use Nivea skin cream in my entire body. Although it feels greasy, you wake up with really nice glowing skin. Put some on your feet then cover with socks. That is like having a foot spa weekly. Lol. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Your skin needs 8-10 glassses of ater a day. Better drink up, girl. For very itchy spots due to excessive dryness, it would be best to use some steroid creams on them for relief. Another way to relieve itchiness would be to soak your pjs in water. Remove excess water then wear them under dry ones.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dry sensitive skin.. Help! [ 10 Answers ]

I have really really sensitive and dry skin.I use vitamin e oil as a moisturizer,but sometimes I just want a cream that lasts at least 8 hours,but I have not found that yet.Any suggestions?! (not to mention that I have eczema too!)

Skin help! [ 3 Answers ]

Hey all, I am white and I have a black husband, he is the only one I have ever been with but my son came out just as white as me, it kind of made me sad because I love my husbands color, is there anything I can do to darken my son up and have it stay that way? Please help! People question my...

Skin [ 9 Answers ]

I have bumps on my legs and it isn't razor burn. Do you have and suggestions to what it is or how to get rid of it fast? :confused:

I have a question regarding skin. Question is on skin... [ 1 Answers ]

whenever I get hit or scratched, or bitten to hard, that area of my skin where is occurred gets red and then I get a white raised bump ( of skin) in the senter or along the redness. It goes away in minutes but still highly unattractive. What can I do to prevent this?? Sum 1 email me help....

Dry Skin [ 2 Answers ]

I have an older female Dachsund and her skin tends to get extremely dry. What product would work to help keep her skin normal or what product should she take to help this problem. :)

View more questions Search