Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Moomin Posts: 167, Reputation: 19

Feb 22, 2008, 05:18 PM
    Vista and mobiles!
    Hello all!

This is a question for the UK users!

My Mom's mobile phone has just given up and she wants a new one! She has picked out a couple she likes...

One was the Sony k800i (I know there are newer models. Don't ask), apparently the sales assistant in the shop checked the manual and apparently it is not compatible with Vista?

Seems a bit odd to me... I thought they would all be, well the newer ones!

Can anyone suggest a good mobile that is Vista compatible?

Cheers!
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

Feb 23, 2008, 09:58 PM
    The K800i is compatible with Vista, the guy in the shop was blatantly rubbish.

I'm guessing he meant that the software may not have the correct drivers for Vista and you may need to download the relevant drivers!

I'd say any phone company that's making new phones would be pretty stupid to NOT make them Vista compatible!

Anyway, here's a link for the K800i and making it Vista compatible;
    mobile9 Forum > Sony K800 / Vista / Capi Worker Module?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting used to Vista [ 10 Answers ]

I would like to see more on this. My daughter has a new computer and doesn’t like Vista and complains about it. I would like to be able to offer her some suggestions. Ways to get used to it, or some more information on how to reinstall windows XP would be very helpful.

Is vista really ME II [ 9 Answers ]

I have heard from several friends that Vista is being called MEII, referring to windows ME when it was released, and how 98 was more stable. Is this true in your opinion. Would some people share their experiences with Vista here. Is it worth the upgrade, are there any performance or stability...

Using vista on XP [ 14 Answers ]

HI, I wanted to know whether I can use Vista ultimate on my system which is currently running XP SP2. If yes then how do I switch between two OS.

XP to Vista [ 1 Answers ]

Ok This is the situation Old Computer - Windows XP Home OE6 New Computer - Windows Vista - Microsoft Mail I saved all of the .dbx in OE6 (Including Folders.dbx) -I put all of the .dbx's on a CD-R disk -Copied Them To A Folder In Documents On Vista -I Ensure that the files are not read...

To Vista or not to Vista that is a question... [ 9 Answers ]

Does your machine have what it takes to run Windows Vista. Find out HERE with this excellent online tool. (ActiveX is needed for this test) Now personally I will be running Vista on a test box. Hey I've got to at least try and break it, but there is no way it will be on any of my live machines...

View more questions Search