Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2008, 04:35 PM
    Obama and turmoil ahead?
    I like Obama, but know there are a lot of people who don't. I am wondering how many people think that someone would try to assassinate him if he makes it further in the campaign?

I think the results of what that might create in this country are a serious matter to be considered in deciding how to vote.

Is it wrong to worry about the consequences to the country, with all of the what ifs? Is it better that he is supported with the potential that it could lead to riots if something were to happen... or is it better not to support him, despite his ideas, because of the potential detriment to the nation?

Let me hear your thoughts as I try to reason out where I go from here...
    xphelper Posts: 220, Reputation: 29

Feb 22, 2008, 05:11 PM
    I do not believe anyone should hedge a vote based on the possibility of assassination and the consequences thereof. If you think he is the best candidate, then vote for him. Just for the record, McCain is getting my vote!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 22, 2008, 05:30 PM
    While he is the last person ( well second to last, Hillary is the last) person I would ever vote for because of his seroius liberal ideas. But I think worry about conseuences such as riots merely things poorly about the black people, believing them to easily controlled and motivated by actions such as that.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2008, 05:43 PM
    I could easier see someone trying to assassinate Hilary. Especially as things get uglier and her makeup starts to chip off.

But there are enough people out there who would try to kill either one of them or kill you or kill me. They do not need a reason. I would not hold back my endorsement of a candidate because I feared for the person's life. Certainly would not give my endorsement to another candidate. Did you ever think that that is what the other candidate would be hoping for?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 22, 2008, 06:00 PM
    I agree with shy. Hillary would be a more logical target than Obama would.
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2008, 06:05 PM
    Actually, I did consider that possibility... that other candidates might want people to have those fears. I just wasn't sure if I was the only one thinking about it or not.

Racial divisions weren't the focus of my thoughts. I was thinking more along the lines of economic divisions... but then I guess if someone was looking for a target, it would be difficult to see the bank balance...

Given that unemployment is very high, cited as a contributing factor for numerous previous riots, and many people have high hopes riding on the new president, I could foresee the potential for things to get ugly.

I suppose all that can be done is to try for the one we think best, and see how things go.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2008, 09:29 PM
    If he goes full force with that bill he is working on he just might end up shot.
    He is trying to pass a bill that they say is basically giving tax money and more power to the UN and they will use the tax to pay for foreign poor people to be on welfare . And yes our taxes would be raised a good bit to pay for it.
    The bill will also take the rights of parents away from their kids.
    National Ledger - Barack Obama's Global Tax Proposal Up for Senate Vote

A guy is claiming that he was Obama's 'prostitute' and he ordered crack while they were together.

Some say sorros backs Obama
    The Hidden Soros Agenda: Drugs, Money, the Media, and Political Power

And instead of Monica

Sleaze charge: 'I took drugs, had homo sex with Obama'

The guy claims if Obama wants to deny this he challenges them to both take a polygraph test.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2008, 04:02 AM
    So far the only person who has made the issue public is Michelle Obama who on 60 Minutes used the possibility of him getting killed "as a black man ....while getting gas at a gas station" in one of her anti-American screeds .
    Me ;I just have to wonder when was the last time Obama went to a gas station??

However it does raise concern when the Secret Service suspended weapons searches going into an Obama rally in Dallas to speed up the process. Then again... there is no concern for a politicians safety in Dallas after security steps are disregarded is there ?

The big presidential limousine, a midnight blue 1961 Lincoln, had been flown in from Washington D.C. The plastic bubble top was removed and the bullet-proof side windows were rolled down because the weather was so favorable and this is how President Kennedy preferred to ride.
    Kennedy Assassination - November 22, 1963
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2008, 04:55 AM
    I found this .

Many Blacks Worry About Obama's Safety

Advice to Obama. If you are concerned about safety do not... I Repeat DO NOT select Evita as your running mate. Because;if you ever did become President I'm sure you would need to employ a full time taste tester .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Big decisions.emotional turmoil.broken heart [ 4 Answers ]

I guess I am not sure... maybe this should be under children, or divorce, or family, or whatever. I will spill it and whoever wants can clean it up. My wife and I are currently separated in hopes that it will save our marriage. She moved out and is living about an hour and a half from our...

Should I Go ahead or not [ 10 Answers ]

OK,this is something like a very unusual story.4 years ago someone broke my heart and I was really devastated then .and I thought I would never get a girl like her in my life. But 3 months ago there was a girl I met I fell for her at the first sight.She is kind of my student.I told my colleague...

Getting ahead [ 6 Answers ]

My son is 3 years old since last month... I do alphabet and color books with him, but am wondering how far should I excpect him to get? I want him to be right on when starting preschool. But I don't push him and we don't do a lot of "school work".

My 'Investment' In Turmoil [ 2 Answers ]

My money has been 'invested' by my ex relative who is in Real Estate in what was first to be a housing project with three investors, the agent, my daughter, and myself. We had for the first considered project a contractual pact, for a property that was to be torn down and rebuilt via a...

View more questions Search