Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Brenok Posts: 47, Reputation: 6

Feb 22, 2008, 01:54 PM
    Discovery Request
    When a debt collector states the debt was "assigned" to them, what documents or information should I request in discovery? Is this different from proving "purchase" - I am dealing with a bottom feeder junk debt buyer. Thanks again!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 22, 2008, 02:01 PM
    You need to see the contract that gave them either ownership of the debt or the right to collect it.
    Brenok Posts: 47, Reputation: 6

Feb 22, 2008, 03:51 PM
    I am going to request that information but their complaint stated that the OC assigned the debt, was just wondering what kind of documents I request.

When a debt is assigned, is it necessarily purchased by a junk debt buyer or does the OC give them rights to collect and split the funds collected, if any.

Thanks again Scott
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 22, 2008, 05:58 PM
    A debt may be assigned by a creditor to a collection agency or sold to a collector. An assigned debt is still owned by the creditor

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Discovery and first interrogatories [ 11 Answers ]

Thanks mr. yet! I live in Ga. And I'm not sure if a providian credit card is considered a written contract or a open account, so I'm not sure when the sol is up. The papers they sent me asked me about 12 questions and one of them was about the action being filed within 6 years of the date the...

Discovery and first interrogatories [ 1 Answers ]

I am being "sued" by a debt collector for a credit card debt that I cannot pay. I filed a graduated denial and they just sent me a request for admission of fact and first interrogatories. What should I do? I have been told by a bankruptcy lawyer that I am basically judgement proof. I am unemployed...

Christian Discovery [ 3 Answers ]

Do You Have Nay Subject Of New Discovery Regarding Christian Discovery Or Any Proof Of The Bible Artificats?

Help With Discovery Request [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I posted my situation yesterday... You can follow it. Anyway I was sued two days I requested validation of debt. The attorney sent me something that was not validation (just an itemized bill) and now I'v read that I have to do a discovery. I have seen a sample letter but don't know if its...

View more questions Search