Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask

View Poll Results: What do you prefer?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hack RS and risk losing your acc.

1 25.00%
  • Be good and hope Jagex makes you a mod.

2 50.00%
  • Forget everything and make money.

1 25.00%
  • Go pking

1 25.00%
  • Help other newbs.

3 75.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    hpd4 Posts: 63, Reputation: 7

Jan 24, 2006, 05:02 PM
    "Hacks" and what they are.
    1/23/06-Ok people I know some of you all are always angry because you get "hacked" by other people in games. There are many ways they can get your password or code. Some of you even try downloading stuff off the INTERNET w/o even knowing it may have viruses in it.

Safety Tips

Here are some safety tips for Runescape:

• Never believe people that say "Jagex made it so you don't see your pass look!! ***********"
    • Never trust anyone with your password. Not even your brother/sister.

If you have any more tips just post em'.

Here are some common scams in Runescape:

Team Scammers- Here is one scam most people fall for. There is usually 2 people doing this scam. One person says "Selling rune war hammer 100k!!". A rune war hammer is not worth 100k, but this isn't the point. The second guy says "Trading black Halloween mask for rune war hammer!!!". You see the first guy that was selling the war hammer say "Nty I dint need it, but ty anyway". So you rush to the bank knowing a Halloween mask is from 5-Mill get 100k, buy the rune war hammer, and once you try trading with the second guy BAM! He says its not for sale anymore. You now have a rune warhammer that you paid 100k for!! That is two times what it is worth!!

Item Switch- Sometimes you want to buy like a rune long sword. A guy offers it to you for only 5k, but in a note. You get all excited and accept the first time and the second guy declines the second time and says "Oopd, my bad." You trade again and he puts up a IRON long sword and this time he accepts all of them. BAM! You paid 5k for a IRON longsword.

If you have anymore scams just post em'.

"Hackers":
    Hackers aren't real. There are people who can but they are mostly computer technicians who are like 20 years old.

I can't continue typing so I'll post other stuff later.:cool: ;)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Comment on my thread!

1/26/05- Ok now I'm back and thank you Curlyben for helping us out here(not just me).

Why you get "hacked".
    You don't really get hacked. YOU made yourself get hacked. You must've said your password outloud and eveerybody saw it. You shouldn't trust anyone with your password. Another way you get hacked is with a keylogger. A keylogger is a "hacking" tool that writes down what you are typing. For example: You have a keylogger, want to get into your account, and when you type your password in the keylogger automatically copies the keys you press.

How to prevent keyloggers and other device for "hacking"

Run both a daily anti-virus and anti-spyware scan daily. Worms on your computer can destroy your computer and destroy your files. Spyware can spy on you. I know this because one day after like 1 year of not running an anti-spyware scan. I finally decided to run one, and it turned out my computer had 6 trojans. I still don't know what they are but my friend says they are hackers.

How to get filthy rich.:D

The best way to get rich is... tah-dah! Either join a clan or buy the runescape millions guide for making money! Clan drop parties can be cool especially when you go pking with them. You can get rune and arrows and weapons. That-to me- is the hard way. The easy way of making money is the runescape millions book. You can download it here at www.runescapemillions.com. Well that's about it... Show the runescape world what you got!! :D
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 24, 2006, 05:44 PM
    The scam that always makes me laugh is the one where by they say they can hack any account, or give you untold wealth, if you send them;
    *Your username
    *Their Username/Amount of money
    *Your password
    They then ask you to send this information to an official sounding address like JagexAdmin normally on hotmail or Yahoo.
    Now are people really that silly/greedy not to realise that if it really was Jagex, why are they using Hotmail/Yahoo?
    Saverwing Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Jan 25, 2006, 05:04 PM
    Runescape Hacks
    Runescape is really getting harder to hack. Every day Jagex is getting new orms o detecting how hackers use programs such as the autominder, the key tone hackers, and the decoding progrmas to get into ppls acc. No, I am not from jagex, but my friend used to do that and he was banned the first day he tried it one of his new programs. He tried to hack a moderator but was banned. He had hacked many other acc.s but this was one of his biggest ones yet. So please people don't be trying these stupid things.
    Rogue19941 Posts: 42, Reputation: 6

Jan 26, 2006, 11:58 PM
    ... I better not get started... Otherwise I might get all :mad: :mad: again... Please do not comment on this post.

Jan 27, 2006, 05:43 PM
    Chillax Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue19941
    ......I better not get started..........Otherwise I might get all :mad: :mad: again................Please do not comment on this post.
    Chillax- v. To chill and relax at the same time.

Get mad about what? What is there to get mad about? Can't we all just get along?:(

Jan 28, 2006, 07:43 AM
    Umm remember when you posted " at first you were all :mad: and the people visiting the forums were all :confused: " or something like that.

Jan 29, 2006, 05:37 PM
    Think so, why?
    What does this have to do with getting you mad?

Jan 30, 2006, 06:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue19941
    umm remember when you posted " at first you were all :mad: and the people visiting the forums were all :confused: " or something like that.
    One thing. It is the SECOND semester now. Why does that have to do with you angry!!

Another scamm is armor trimming.

Armmor Trimming is IMPOSSIBLE High level mages might be saying this and their FRIEND not CUSTOMER comes by SUPPOSEDLY trades and the mage just does something like high alch or superheat to try and fool some people. I once had a friend who USED to share an account. He was a starter and didn't know about armor trimming scamms. He got on his friends acc, saw the scammer, accepted, and now he can't play his friends acc. Sad...

Feb 6, 2006, 04:17 AM
    Second semester means I can't on the COM for long periods because mid-term and final scores make me go in to advanced or normal classes in
    7th grade. My parents want me to make advanced class in all subjects!! :eek:

Feb 6, 2006, 05:35 PM
    Ohhh. Lol my lowest grade on progress report was a 45!:eek: How do you think my parents reacted? :p

Feb 6, 2006, 06:03 PM
    :D I have found a real RS hacks!! It really works!! Look just follow these instructions!!

copy and paste this!!

#$&$%%%%#@$&$%%^@#<USERNAME>%%^&#$^^$$@@@! @$#$&ERF?"@#^%{@#}%{@#}%{@#%{ER??#$@%@?^*?&^(?$:@{ $%&"@$%?*?#@%^"*#?^(#?%*^{@#^&<PASSWORD>$#%&^@#%#& (%^&>?"%^<!@<$!%>$^$%##^@$%&@$%&!#$%<PIN #>@%#$^$%&@$%&@$%&@$%<ITEMS>$&@$%*@%&@$%*^#^*@^%&$ %&@%$&*&()")?(>@#%$<VICTIMS USERNAME>E^%$&%^*#%^*(@$%&@$%*^&(#^#

Send it to : I AM A Hacking Loser @ Losers.Are.Dumb.net:D

Really people. Don't send it. I was just joking.

Hey is you really want to hack somebody e-mail me your username,pin, and password. Ill get you ANY item. I can even edit your stats, but you have to be a strong player or else jagex will suspect you. LOL!! Just kidding!! :p

Here is a real hack. It will only work while you are next to me on RS. Get next to me (because I have a hacking program that works when you are beside me) drop an item and press ALT + F4.:p LOL!! Don't believe that one either. ALT + F4 CLOSES the window you are in!!

Comment Please!
    ittle Posts: 95, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2006, 09:44 AM
    Hahahahahaaaa that is hilarious. Also lets say your selling a rune sword for 10k, so the guy puts in 10k really fast and you accept but he declines then trade again he puts in 10k then he accept real fast and then he decline then really fast he put in 1k and you are really irritated so you press accept, and you just sold a rune sword for 1k how dumb. Then your like what the heck? And you report him he logs out. You get banned for abusing the system. I repeat! Do not report someone that logged out. Or if you are don't tell them you are going to. Just do it then go... I just reported you and then they get all mad so don't do it.

EDIT:I sort of got mad at the time so I erased some things. Mainly because what happened was what I wrote about.
    DarkNuhilus Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2006, 06:56 AM
    The stupidest scam I heard of is where the scammer says they will give a prize to who ever gives them the most stuff I saw a noob lose full rune cause he fell for it

If any newbie needs help wif non-mem quests ask cnl cool (me)

Jun 16, 2006, 01:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkNuhilus
    the stupidest scam i heard of is where the scammer says they will give a prize to who ever gives them the most stuff i saw a noob lose full rune cause he fell for it

if any newbie needs help wif non-mem quests ask cnl cool (me)
    Really? The newest scam is a wilderness scam, where they tell you to go to a special place... don't know all the details... just watch out

Oct 10, 2006, 04:49 PM
    yea, that works but I'm the business type, cutting deals is my game, now, please do not tell everyone this please, this is only for askmehelpdesk , now start cutting at least 500 coal, maybe less, like 200, then go to world 1 and sell for about 180 each, or more! Then go to nooby world= sydney worlds, =), then buy coal for 100, or 150, then you get more coal than what u started with, then do the whole process again, world 1, sell, nooby world, buy, and so on, in 3 hours I could buy a rune full with 500 coal to start!
    (this works! But have paciance) patience? Patiente... watever

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

Who did this song: from the 80's, probably called "typical" or "that's typical" [ 2 Answers ]

Some lyrics as I hear them: Windowsill, my elbow's numb As I heard the door go and saw your car As it glides onto the road Double wasted dumbness Sodding off and I can't hear you go And that's typical There you sit in the driving seat

Difference between "htm" and "html" [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, In all the websites I make, they all come out when loaded onto the server as a "htm" file. But I see others who have "html" files on their sites, what exactly is the difference, if any? For example: what is the difference between index.htm and index.html and will the nameservers...

View more questions Search