Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xartificialsweetener Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2006, 03:33 PM
    Can I bleach over strawberry-blonde hair?
    Hey everybody,
    A month ago I wanted to go lighter from a dark/red brown and I bleached it and then put a light brown dye over it as I knew it would go orange, but then I was told to put a pre lightener and an ash blonde in my hair and it turned a nice strawberry blonde.
    Now I'm ready to go really blonde. I knew I'd have to be ginger for a while but I was wondering if I should use a pre-lightener then a bleach or what is best? Should I use an ash blonde? I don't want any more ginger tints.

Thanks for the help!

Erin :)
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jan 25, 2006, 12:58 AM
    You have 2 options, you can use an ash blonde to tone down the ginger/red in your hair. Ash colors gets rid of the unwanted reds in the hair. Or, you can bleach your hair, but you have to carefully monitor the hair as it is being decolorized because it can easily be over processed. However, once you get your hair lightened to the level you want, you can then use a toner to get your desire color.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blonde highlights with dark brown hair [ 6 Answers ]

I just got my hair highlighted blonde/gold today but it's not as subtle as I had hoped. How do I make it fade to a more subtle color as quickly as possible without returning to the salon? Would Prell work?

How do I dye my hair blonde? [ 4 Answers ]

I've just had my hair stripped of its prievious colour and dyed bright orange--huge disarster-- I went back and had it toned down by dying over it, it was OK but I just got back from vacation and the sun and pool have spripped the colour back to a dull urban. I hate it, but I can't afford to change...

Trying to dy blonde hair to a darker color [ 4 Answers ]

Hey, I am sick of being blonde so I am going to dye my hair dark. My brows are dark my hair is blonde is it okay to dye my hair the color of my eye brows? I am going for an emo look any advice

Strawberry jam for diabetics [ 1 Answers ]

My sister has diabetes and I have lots of strawberries, so... does anyone have a recipe for Strawberry jam suitable for diabetics please? Thanks

How do I darken light blonde hair [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I got some awfully light blonde highlights yesterday, 2 huge chunks on my sides and my whole back is blonde blonde. It's too much for my skin tone. I just don't look right. I have had dark blonde hair before. I'm wondering if I can just buy a dark blonde hair dye and dye over the really...

View more questions Search