y output 9 15 21 __ 33 __ __

Rule: __________________

x input 1 3 5 7 __ 15 __
    y output 6 14 22 __ 42 __ 102
    rule: ______________

HELP:confused:
    iamthetman Posts: 105, Reputation: 8

Feb 22, 2008, 11:54 AM
    You need to think about how you can get the y-value while using the x-value that satisfies each of the first three points for each question.

Possible rules are:
    1. y = 3x - 1
    2. y = 6x + 3
    3. y = 4x + 2

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Composition Functions and Inverse Functions [ 3 Answers ]

Wow! These things are boogers! :eek: any way to make these things easier?

What did you learn from your break up? [ 11 Answers ]

Things I've learnt: 1. During the break up, discuss about the problem that is causing the break up and see if there's a way to fix it. So you won't regret later, or be wondering what you could've done. (this is probably hard to do, since no one can be level headed during a break up) 2. Stop...

I don't learn anything [ 15 Answers ]

Could you guys help me because when I go to school to learn something I can I keep forgetting everything I even have no change to go out side and play I study hard and I work hard but I can remember not of you ask After 5 min I can just rember it it is so hard for me to keep something to my mind I...

What can I learn? [ 3 Answers ]

Am feeling so sad because of what I did--once my parents scolded me very badly so to hurt them back I started pretending that I have gone mad,I started dancing and talking to myself.They thought that I have gone mad in real and they took me to a doctor. Later I told them the truth that I was just...

How to learn [ 7 Answers ]

I would say education is being valued today... however it's becoming one-sided. Most teachers and educators value the abstract subjects such as math and science and some would go as far as to say that the arts are counter-productive and unessential. Basically, math and science appeals to the left...

View more questions Search