Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cutie_sweetie120 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2008, 08:08 PM
    When was popcorn invented
    When was popcorn invented and who invented!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 21, 2008, 08:14 PM
    No one invented it, it is merely a plant, it dates back to early egypt from bibical times.

Popcorn
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2008, 08:38 PM
    While popcorn dates back to ancient times, no pharoh ever ate a single kernel. It is one of the many plants native to the Americas.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 21, 2008, 08:53 PM
    Sorry, meant that old but in america,
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2008, 03:34 PM
    Earliest I read about was around 1621 The Iroquois Indians popped some for some explorers, during a feast, in a pottery vessel, and presented them some more in deer skin hides to go! And the first popcorn machine was tested in 1885 in Chicago (Street vendor).
    hermione Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2008, 10:36 AM
    From what I understand, the Aztecs would pop the kernels for entertainment around the fire. Since they did not have any type of seasoning, the popcorn would not taste good and so they would throw it away or use it as a snack in the fields. If you watch food network, the show called Good Eats has a popcorn show that delves further into the history.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Asbestos in popcorn ceiling? [ 9 Answers ]

Wife wants me to remove popcorn ceiling from our 1956 ranch. Have heard that from this era it may contain asbestos. Have worked with all sorts of nasty stuff and I know usually dangers with stuff like this is usually repeated, long term exposure. Breathe in enough sand or grain dust over time...

Popcorn ceilings [ 3 Answers ]

Is there a product to fill in popcorn ceilings. Do not want to remove because of cost related to asbestos.

Who invented popcorn? [ 6 Answers ]

Who invented popcorn?

Who invented the steamboat? [ 3 Answers ]

I have to do a match person to description section of a takehome exam, I have to match some people from early America to a description. I don't understand something. When I look on the internet it says that James Watt invented the steamboat, but on the exam it doesn't list James Watt. Can anyone...

Popcorn Ceiling [ 1 Answers ]

The popcorn ceilingin my family room blisters, splits and then rains drywall particles on the floor. The sheetrock is OK, but the "paper" separates and hangs in 3" inch sheets from the ceiling. What would cause this? And how can I correct it. The house was built in 1978. It had some ceiling...

View more questions Search