Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JanetLee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2008, 05:36 PM
    Worried about wage garnishment and bank accts.
    My house is currently in foreclosure. We filed bankruptcy in 2006. I am disabled and my husband just cannot do it alone. My question is, can they freeze or seize our bank account for unpaid property taxes or any liens currently on the house?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 21, 2008, 05:39 PM
    Some will depend on where you live, but yes they can if they decide to.

You need to look at talking to them and see if they will do deed instead of foreclosure, or try for a short sale.
    Cvillecpm Posts: 553, Reputation: 28

Feb 22, 2008, 11:35 AM
    It is possible that any secured judgement that is recorded on your house will survive even if it was included in your BK... put your bank account in someone else's name or make it joint with a child and start hiding your assets.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wage Garnishment & bank levy. [ 5 Answers ]

So I have a judgement... and my bank account has been levied... and a wage garnishment is in place, can they continue to levy my bank acount? I live in New Jersey... if that helps or matters... :confused: Thanks so much!

Bank levy & wage garnishment from a judgement [ 4 Answers ]

:confused: So it seems that a credit card debt from 1999 in the amount of $1800 caught up with me , now in the amount of $6000!! How can this happen? Once the bank account has been levied & the wage garnishment starts, do they release my money in the bank account though the creditor? Do I get...

Wage garnishment AND bank restraining order? [ 6 Answers ]

I've been having wages garnished for quite some time, but in addition, the company doing so is also dipping into my bank account and taking MORE money from there. Is this okay for them to do? It's making it quite difficult to make ends meet!

Levy on Bank Accts~how to respond [ 4 Answers ]

We are in the process of qualifying for a bankruptcy and will be filing in May. However our bank accounts were levied on Friday. What is the procedure in responding back to this levy to hold it up till the bankruptcy is filed. It has been 4 business days (and the weekend) and only 2 banks have sent...

View more questions Search