Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mab2774 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2008, 05:22 PM
    Laws on parents having boyfriends overnight
    Would like to know if there is a law in Texas that states that the parent that the kids live with may not have visits after certain times or a live in boyfriend I've been told its against the law but can't seem to find anything on this law.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2008, 05:27 PM
    If it is it is one of those outdated laws that is on the books but not enforced.
    A guy wearing heels in Nevada when the sun is going down.

Idaho, it is illegal for a man to give his sweetheart a box of candy weighing less than fifty pounds. Perhaps the less said the better!

In Florida, having sexual relations with a porcupine is illegal the law can certainly be a prickly subject

More here:
    Did You Know?: Odd laws in the US
    In Arizona, donkeys cannot sleep in bathtubs. I have to wonder if they thought about introducing similar laws that protect porcupines in Florida!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 21, 2008, 05:47 PM
    Oh my god, I have to move my donkey right away.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2008, 06:42 AM
    [QUOTE=N0help4u]If it is it is one of those outdated laws that is on the books but not enforced.
    A guy wearing heels in Nevada when the sun is going down.

I think I used to date that guy in Nevada!

Back to the question - I can only speak for NYS but the Judges are liberal UNLESS the children are exposed to something dangerous or unsafe. I have no moral position one way or the other but I would think it would be very, very difficult to explain right, wrong, morality to children when "Uncle Daddy" is at the breakfast table and it's apparent he's stayed the night. Must be very confusing to children.

I have seen Judgments of Divorce that prohibit "overnight;" have also seen spousal support end for that reason. Child support, of course, is different.
    cjonline Posts: 217, Reputation: 19

Feb 22, 2008, 08:09 AM
    I had it written in my divorce decree with no problem, the Judge agreed it was best for the boys not to be exposed to a lot of "friends", my ex through a fit over it at first. The problem came when my ex started using it as a reason why he can't visit our kids. It was pointed out that he chooses to live with his girlfriend instead of being able to take the boys overnight -- now he just doesn't see them.

I would say as long as it is NOT in your divorce decree your fine having "overnights". It becomes a moral question then and only you can answer that. It can always be brought up in court and ordered at a later time, but I would expect to answer some questions on why it wasn't brought up before.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2008, 04:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee
    I have no moral position one way or the other but I would think it would be very, very difficult to explain right, wrong, morality to children when "Uncle Daddy" is at the breakfast table and it's apparent he's stayed the night. Must be very confusing to children.

I have seen Judgments of Divorce that prohibit "overnight;" have also seen spousal support end for that reason. Child support, of course, is different.
    Thing is that many of the ones that bring uncle daddy home have N0 morals.
    The kids do have to be confused but then grow up doing the same thing cause they have no idea what morals are.
    I use to say that the poor kids get more daddys in a year than they get new pairs of shoes.

I have seen the overnight thing in divorces too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Regarding dependent parents/in-laws and basic questions [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I have some questions related to claiming visiting parents/in-laws as dependents for the upcoming tax returns. 1)My father-in-law and mother-in-law came to the US (B2 visitor visa) in Sep 2007 and have been staying with us since.They will stay with us till end of Jan 2008.Me and my...

New York State Laws for absent Parents? [ 4 Answers ]

I know this has been probably asked a million times, BUT I am asking it again. I have a situation to where I am getting health insurance through NYS called Child Health Plus, they are inquiring about my daughters father who has shown no interest in her since her birth. My situation is as follows:...

Can my dad bring my boyfriends parents to trial? [ 12 Answers ]

I'm not entirly sure if this is the right spot for me to ask this question, but I felt that this was the most appropriate topic to ask it in. Basically some backround information: I started dating a guy about a year and 7 months ago. At the time that we started dating I was 15, but now I am 17. ...

Overnight Salad [ 5 Answers ]

Anyone got a receipt for overnight salad they wish to share. I love that stuff but have no idea how to make it. Thanks

Are my parents liable for sister's boyfriends car accident [ 2 Answers ]

My sister is 23, in college, and still on my parent's car insurance plan. She was letting her boyfriend drive her car and they totaled it. One of the passengers in the car was not wearing his seatbelt, was thrown from the car, and is injured very badly. There is no law in Iowa that says he had...

View more questions Search