Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pretty in blue Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2008, 04:34 PM
    Remove name from website
    Trying to find webmaster for seniors-site.com. Whois lists contact info as private. Site has post on it with my name. Did not post to this site though it must have come from some where else. Desperate to have name removed.
    xphelper Posts: 220, Reputation: 29

Feb 21, 2008, 04:46 PM
    The ICANN Registrar is ENOM, INC. It is also the host for this website. Contact information can be viewed on this page: eNom - domain name, internet services, dns hosting - ABOUT/CONTACT US
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 21, 2008, 05:01 PM
    Also when you say post with your name. Is it your real name or is it screen name like pretty in blue.
    The issue is that first if it is a screen name, there are most likely 100's of people using that screen name in varoius places. There are many Fr Chucks for example on many other sites, I can not stop them from using that name on other sites, and there are at least three people with my exact real name, so if they post, it will be with the same name.

So I truly doubt if someone is merely using a similar name, you can do anything about it, unless they are claiming to be you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is (Remove only)? [Add or Remove Programs] [ 2 Answers ]

When I access Add or Remove Programs, I often see '(Remove only)' by the side of some programs, but I don't actually know what it means. If any of you can help me then feel free. Thanks.

Looking for a website . [ 2 Answers ]

All right guys! I'm looking for a website I found a while back but I've lost the link, it's a property site, a bit like upmystreet.co.uk but not quite. When you type in your postcode it gives you a short writeup of what the area is like! Any help would be awesome! JBS

Add/Remove Programs doesn't have REMOVE option [ 4 Answers ]

In Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs on Windows XP Home, some of the programs do not have the REMOVE button below them. WHY not? How do I remove programs from the Add or Remove Function, when it displays the program, but when I highlight it, it doesn't give the option to REMOVE it?

Using ask me website [ 8 Answers ]

How can I use this website,step by step please,and how can I ask anonymously.thx a lot

View more questions Search