Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MyChess Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2008, 01:12 PM
    Temporary Rate Increase for Direct Billing Customers during special event
    Hello everyone... this is my first question!

I am a manager of a hotel and I need to construct a letter to our guests that have direct billing accounts with us to let them know that if they stay with us during certain events that the rates will be higher. This is only for two different weekends this year.

I am usually pretty good about writing letters, but I just can't get started with this one. Maybe if I could get someone to help me with the opening line, I could go from there.

Thank you,
    MyChess
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Feb 23, 2008, 06:59 PM
    I usually like to deliver bad news by "sandwiching" it between good news and/or positive strokes. So you might do something like:

1. Express appreciation for past support of your hotel
    2. Explain how the situation has changed (why you have to charge more)
    3. Explain what you need to do (higher rates during certain periods)
    4. Offer something positive to lessen the sting, if you can; or, reiterate your appreciation

Vasily
    MyChess Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2008, 06:54 PM
    This is what I came up with so far. Decided not to put anything about rate increase due to some of the contracts we have with guests. I guess really I am just trying to informing them of the event and "detouring" their stay during this event.

Maybe something else will come to mind, or a little help from the outside world.

Dee

Dear Valued Guest,

The 2008 Laughlin River Run is just around the corner. This event is one of Kingman's busiest weekends for tourism and lodging.

We wanted to inform you that during this event (April 24th, 25th & 26th), rooms will be limited, as, both hotels are almost completely booked.

Thank you your continuous business.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I write a letter to customers about a price increase? [ 9 Answers ]

I own a landscaping business and due to gas price increase and product price increases I have to change the price of regular lawn service price. Please help I don want to lose clients Respectfully legen

Will increase in pump intake pipe size, increase flow rate? [ 1 Answers ]

At my cabin I use a 12 volt Flojet pump to pump water from the lake to the cabin. I am using 1/2 inch plastic pipe for the intake and outlet on the pump. Would I see an increase in water flow if I increase the size of the pipe going from the lake to the pump to 3/4 plastic

Advise my customers of a price increase [ 2 Answers ]

Can I please have a sample letter to advise my customers of a price increase

Letter of rate increase to existing mow customers [ 1 Answers ]

Need suggestions of letter format for rate increase on existing mow/ landscape customers

Special Event [ 1 Answers ]

I have a very important event coming up on April 29th of this year. I would like to lose twenty pounds by that time. I don't think that's too much weight to lose in this time, but it seems so hard to lose weight. Does anybody have any ideas on how I can lose 20 lbs in 2 1/2 months?

View more questions Search