Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bekah876 Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Feb 21, 2008, 11:44 AM
    It is almost time.
    I went to the doctors today for my weekly checkup. She checked me and said I was 3cm dilated. When the nurse took my blood pressure she said it was high. It was 130 something over 90 something (I can't rememeber the exact numbers). Normally my blood pressure is very good about 120/70. The nurse acted like the high blood pressure was a bigger deal then my doctor did and the nurse told me that I wouldn't want it to go any higher.
    My doctor wanted to induce me Sunday night but the next opening at the hospital was Wednesday night. We scheduled the induction for Wednesday night and I was told to come back in on Monday to get my blood pressure checked again to make sure it doesn't go up any higher. I am not sure if the blood pressure is something I should be really concerned about or not. The nurse acted like it was a big deal and my doctor (who is not personable at all) acted like it was not a big deal yet wanted to induce me in the next few days... Any advice?? Anything I should do or should not do?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 21, 2008, 12:05 PM
    Hey, Bekah, not far to go now!!

Now, in answer to your question... the blood pressure is a big deal, and something you should keep your eye on. High blood pressure in pregnancy is called preeclampsia, and can be quite concerning.

If it goes to high to rapidly, it could advance to eclampsia, which is very serious and warrants immediate delivery of baby, usually by emergency C-Section.

While it seems that you are just borderline right now, it should be of concern, and you should keep an eye on it.

Stay away from sodium... no salt in your diet, drink lots of water.

However, with pregnancy there is little that can be done to resolve high blood pressure other than delivery. It should return to normal almost immediately after delivery.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Theft under $5000. 2nd time. But 1st time since 18th [ 4 Answers ]

Hey all, So basically the story goes like this: In April of 2006, I was arrested for theft under $5000 for car prowling in a neighborhood and some alleyways. I was 17 at the time. We got caught with $1500 worth of golf clubs in the back of my dads car. Needless to say, my dad was pissed....

Bryant Gas Heater Needs Rebooting time to time [ 6 Answers ]

I have a Bryant gas heater I had installed in 1991. It is a model 394 and the model number is 394GAZ203675. From time to time the heater stops coming on and of course I don't notice it until I start to get cold. As soon as I turn off the furnace and turn it back on it immediately starts up and...

Dark brown lines going across my screen from time to time [ 10 Answers ]

I have a problem with my computer monitor, I have these brown horizontal lines that go across my screen sometimes (REALLY ANNOYING). I just replaced the video card so its not that, also if I hit the side of the monitor the lines go away:p Just wondering if there's anything I can do that can fix it!...

Part Time / Full Time / Non - Resident - need clarification on this [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am an Indian Citizen. I came to US on L1 Visa on 20th October, 2007. I am trying to file the tax return through File Taxes Online - Do Taxes FREE - File Taxes With TaxACT. There is a question : "Whether you are a part time resident / Full Time Resident or Non-Resident". I am not sure...

12.5 HP Briggs & Stratton Smokes fom Time to Time [ 9 Answers ]

This engine apprears to start and run fine. However, from time to time it will smoke like a freight train then clear up and be find. This may occur several times in a two hour period. Any sujections on what may be the cause? Thanks for your Help!

View more questions Search