lorimedassistant Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2008, 10:47 AM
    How much taxes are owed on $3000filing from a 1099 miscelaneouse
    How much taxes are owed on $3000filing from a 1099 miscelaneouse
    xphelper Posts: 220, Reputation: 29

Feb 21, 2008, 05:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lorimedassistant
    how much taxes are owed on $3000filing from a 1099 miscelaneouse
    Taxable income is based on your gross income (a total of all taxable incomes), minus all allowable deductions; therefore, it would be impossible to determine an exact dollar amount owed on that $3,000.00 without doing your income taxes (or at least doing a preliminary tax return to get a ball-park figure).
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 21, 2008, 06:00 PM
    I will say in general, what ever your normal tax base is, it is the same here. You have normally about 25 percent to pay in taxes. This can very by your own tax issues, for example as noted what deductions you have against this
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Mar 7, 2008, 12:38 PM
    Agreed; a 25% rate is most likely.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are state unemployment taxes owed? [ 2 Answers ]

My company pays a small salary to one of the two shareholders of the corporation. This individual resides in Alabama and is otherwise retired. What are our unemployment tax obligations?

Owed taxes [ 4 Answers ]

I am in the process of attempting to take care of all my tax issues and was told that I may possibly owe approximately $18,000.00 from 2003 due to capital gains what should I do there is no way I could pay that

Taxes owed - IRS notice [ 3 Answers ]

Hello…I received a notice from IRS saying that I owed $21,000 taxes and penalties for securities that I did not report on my 2005 tax return. The securities belonged to my mother who died on 12/30/2004. After the holiday, I notified that my mother had died. You should know this: When my...

Taxes owed on company based outside NY, office in NY [ 1 Answers ]

My employer is based out of Phoenix, at least their W2 states this, and my office is in New York City. Last year I moved to NJ and the payroll department started withholding NJ taxes. I work virtually but several times a month would go into the office in NYC. A few questions: 1) Is my income...

View more questions Search