Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Feb 20, 2008, 10:20 PM
    Sister Tattoo
    First off, anyone that helped with my other post about my commemorative tat for my day, I have the idea I want. A portrait of his eyes on my right shoulder blade. There are a couple meanings. One being "my daddy is watching my back", and I also love eyes since, you know, it IS my profession.

Anyway, I always want to get a matching tattoo with my sister. I have no ideas, neither does she. Anyone have any ideas for matchin sister tattoos? Something small.
    supriya _82 Posts: 241, Reputation: 24

Feb 21, 2008, 06:22 AM
    Spectacles? Or a Monocle if you are getting just one eye tattooed! And you could do a better job than anybody! (Just kidding)
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2008, 06:34 AM
    The celtic symbol for sisters? http://123celtic-irish-jewelry.com/m...art/Symb13.gif
    Or the native american one? Native American Symbol for Sister « A. Venefica's Weblog
    They are both quiet plain but you could jazz them up if you wanted.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2008, 11:25 AM
    The Chinese symbol for sister "jie mei" is beautiful... I have it as a necklace charm. The characters for older sister, younger sister, and sisters are slightly different - check it out! :)

sisters
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2008, 12:55 PM
    What do you two have in common? What do you enjoy doing together? Hobbies together? Do you have the same favorites?

It is always best if your tattoos mean something specifically to you. Especially since you are getting a matching one with your sister, you want it to be really meaningful. Chinese symbols are all well and good, but they are a bit trendy and just about everyone has them nowadays. If it were me, I'd rather have a unique tattoo, thought up and drawn by me or someone I know, than walk around with a tattoo that you know a million other people have.
    Vision Expert

Feb 21, 2008, 06:55 PM
    As far as the suggestion for the eye, well I'm already getting two eyes, that's enough, I think.

And the chinese, and other ethnic symbols... don't apply to us.

It just really hard because she is so picky. I really like the idea of matching hibiscus flowers, since she is half hawiaan.
    Vision Expert

Feb 21, 2008, 06:55 PM
    Thanks for all the wonderful suggestions though!
    BondGirl112 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2009, 12:34 AM

This is what I found that my older sister and I are going to get for her birthday. The larger opening symbolizes the older sister and the smaller opening, the younger sister, with a small separation for age but still close with love.

I also want it small, maybe 1 1/2 in by 1 in, maybe on the inside of my left ankle. My younger sister and I already have matching tats on the outside of my left ankle, so I feel like this will be best on the same ankle, just flip-side.
    Vision Expert

Jun 21, 2009, 12:36 AM

That's really cool, actually. But she ditched out on the idea.
    L.Dedicoat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2011, 02:06 PM
    Sorry to be a pain but BondGirl 112
    But what is that sybol called and where's it from
    just want to do a little research thanks =)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I get a tattoo? [ 8 Answers ]

I know I'm to young to be asking this but... when I get older and my dog dies I'm thinking about getting a tattoo of my dog on my back but it won't be huge or anything! Im just asking your oppion should I do it when I'm older? I love my dog so much and I think that would be a cool way of showing...

Tattoo while breastfeeding [ 2 Answers ]

Is it safe to get a tattoo while I'm breastfeeding

Girlfriend Wants A Tattoo [ 22 Answers ]

My girlfriend wants a tattoo of a Koi fish in water going down her arm. And I mean half her arm. Where my problem lies is that I really hate tattoos on girl, especially huge ones, and her profession. She wants to be a Social Worker and work with children. Not only that but I also want to be able...

If your older sister dies are you now the older sister [ 1 Answers ]

The ? Is if your older sister or brother was to die does that make you the older brother or sister later on in life.

Mandala tattoo [ 0 Answers ]

So I am thinking of a mandala tattoo, any ideas for interior design or body placement? I kind of like the idea of above and to the side of my hip, but probably the best place for the tat would be on my mid to lower back... but that's so cliché. Ideas?

View more questions Search