Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    James98 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2008, 08:34 PM
    Frozen bank account/pay check
    I just found out that my account was frozen, as well as my recent paycheck.. I was not served any notice,calls nothing.. I don't even have the court that it was filed in.. I live pay check to pay check and have no funds... I live in NY and was told that they can not hold my pay.. but the bank will not listen... :confused:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 20, 2008, 08:44 PM
    They did not garnish you pay, merely took the money in your bank account, your paycheck had merely been deposited. And you have better stop the next automatic deposit or it will be taken also.

*** assuming this was what ahppened.

You would have had 100 notices for late payments from someone you owe money. At some point over the past?? Months to years, someone went to court , you would or should have been served notice, and there was a hearing. Perhaps a certified letter from a creditor?

But at this point, it is in place, if the service was not done properly, you will have to go to court and prove it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Frozen bank account [ 1 Answers ]

My account has been frozen by capital one bank through Rubin and rothman. Last statement I received before the judgement was levied against me was that the debt was for $1302. The card was only a $1000.00 limit which I eached and then did not pay while I was going through a divorce. However on my...

How To Cash Check if Bank Account Frozen [ 1 Answers ]

I am a senior citizen in financial difficulties due to several judgments against me. One of my bank accounts is frozen. I have another one that I only keep a small amount in to pay for my AOL services online which has not been detected as yet. My car was just totaled and the insurance company...

My bank account is frozen [ 2 Answers ]

My bank account was frozen I am trying to get restriction release, The debt collector said they would release it if I show them proof that the money in the acct. is my dads pension ck and ss check. They are requesting copies of checks and bank account statements, before they release the money.?...

Received check from a frozen account [ 10 Answers ]

My husband has a small trucking business. He received checks from a customer (over $200,000) and when he went to deposit them they came back because the their account was froze. Their bank would not stamp nsf on them because the account was froze so he can not turn them over to the states...

Frozen Bank Account [ 7 Answers ]

My bank account was recently frozen because of an outstanding credit card balance. I live paycheck to paycheck, I called the bank and they just said an order was put through and that there was nothing they could do. I called the number the bank gave me for the company that got the judgement. I...

View more questions Search