Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Feb 20, 2008, 08:05 PM
    Specific Definition of R-Value
    Hvac1000 or anyone else who knows.

A question for general discussion.

What is the specific definition of the R value rating of insulation. We all know that the higher the R value the better it insulates. That is the answer that I get each time I ask the queation.

Maybe my question should be how is the rating calculated.

I suspect that it means there is a certain reduction of heat transfer over a specific time at a given temperature difference. If so what is the time and what is the temperature difference.

Any thoughts.

Just trying to avoid starting taxes tonight.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 20, 2008, 08:28 PM
    All you need to know is here

R-value (insulation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Phrase definition [ 4 Answers ]

What would be your definition of a defeatist attitude?

Definition of hotspots? [ 2 Answers ]

In school, we are working on hotspots and I was assigned the Himalayan mountain range. However, I don't clearly understand the meaning of hotspots and I have to write a paragraph on it right now! Can anybody help me out? Any answers are appreciated.:)

Definition of Translation [ 1 Answers ]

In accounting, the trem "translation" refers to: a. the calculations of gains or lossed from hedging transactions b. the claculation of exchange rate gains or losses on individual transactions in foreign currencies c. the procedure required to identify a company's functional currency d. the...

Flirting, a definition. [ 2 Answers ]

OK, so... I'm not the shyest of guys I know what to say and what to do to get a girl thinking about me, Its not a bad/ sleazy thing at all, because sleaziness is taking it to the next level. So what I want to ask is... What is involved in flirting? People say I do it... and people say girls...

View more questions Search