Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    injured cabby Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2008, 07:49 PM
    Insurance claims rep. accessing info. Without permission
    To whom it may concern:
    I live in Ohio.
    I was struck by another motorist (who admitted guilt).
    The claims rep. from his insurance company accessed my information from the hospitals automated phone system using my personal info. (soc. sec. num. d.o.b. etc.) without my permission.
    I was upset when seening his file with my information in it at our initial meeting.
    I had previously had a checking account looted by a hacker who used my account number and routing number. My name or signature appeared no where on the bank draft.
    What can I do?

Thanks,
    Cabby
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2008, 07:46 AM
    [QUOTE=injured cabby]To whom it may concern:
    I live in Ohio.
    I was struck by another motorist (who admitted guilt).
    The claims rep. from his insurance company accessed my information from the hospitals automated phone system using my personal info. (soc. sec. num. d.o.b. etc.) without my permission.
    I was upset when seening his file with my information in it at our initial meeting.
    I had previously had a checking account looted by a hacker who used my account number and routing number. My name or signature appeared no where on the bank draft.
    What can I do?

What kind of info did the claims rep obtain from an automated system? I have no idea what a hospital would have on an automated system. At some point (assuming you have made a claim and it appears you have) the insurance company IS entitled to your medical info in order to question your claim of injury.

Your bank should investigate and remove the false charge - I had that happen to me and the Bank did just that without a problem, no fuss. How was your account looted? By check? By cash withdrawal?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Details health insurance claims share with HR [ 9 Answers ]

Hello - I was recently in an accident were I needed to be sent to a trauma center at a hospital to get better. Luckily I got out in one day, and I used my health insurance through work for the bill. During my hospital visit they let me know that I tested positive for marijuana, which was a...

Insurance info needed [ 4 Answers ]

I was involved in an accident aprox 2yrs ago, no police report was made. It was my fault I was driving a company vehicle. An agreement was made between myself and the other driver to get quotes from repair shops and I/company would pay for damages as not to go through the company insurance and...

Wouldn't give car insurance info [ 5 Answers ]

My daughter rear ended someone on the freeway, obviously her fault. Their car only suffered minor damage, they didn't want to give my daughter insurance info because of this, they asked her to pay the damages on the side. How do I know they have insurance, how do we trust what they are asking...

View more questions Search