Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Azz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2006, 09:40 AM
    Sharing internet connection on wireless network (ad hoc)
    Hi this is my first post on here and I was wondering if anyone could help me.
    I have a PC and a laptop both with wireless cards. I've managed to connect the 2 and have good signal. I went into my internet connection settings and clicked the check box "allow others to connect through this computers internet connection". I checked ip config and I have no IP for mt default gate way. When I open IE it says "detecting proxy settings" in the bottom left corner. If any can help me I would really appreciate it. (so many frustrating hours :confused: lol )
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 24, 2006, 11:39 AM
    Main post is here.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Internet sharing on wireless network (ad hoc) [ 3 Answers ]

Hi this is my first post on here and I was wondering if anyone could help me. I have a PC and a laptop both with wireless cards. I've managed to connect the 2 and have good signal. I went into my internet connection settings and clicked the check box "allow others to connect through this...

Sharing files over wireless network [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I am new to this forum but I love these things... I have 2 computers--one connected through a modem to comcast cable and then my laptop connected through a linksys wireless set up to this computer. The tower has windows xp with service pack 2 installed and the laptop with windows xp pro and...

File Sharing on a Wireless Network [ 2 Answers ]

Greetings to All!:) I am trying to share files amongst 3 computers (one is a laptop). The main computer is connected to the internet directly to a cable modem. The other 2 (laptop & my son's computer) connect to the internet via a wireless connection. All this was setup by someone we paid to...

Wireless/cable internet connection [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have 2 issues. Now I am new to this, so please don't judge me. 1) I was recently by my friend with my laptop (has wireless connectivity). I was able to connect to the wireless modem - got an ip address, subnet mask, and default gateway - but, still couldn't connect to the internet. I...

Wireless internet sharing [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I want to set up a wireless LAN that connects two computers. I have a D-Link AirPLus G wireless router that connects to my ADSL modem. A D-Link wireless card on the laptop and a TP-Link wireless card on the desktop. I logged on to internet using my laptop first, and it worked, but then when I...

View more questions Search