Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    qwertyqeqe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2012, 07:53 PM
    It doesn't hurt what so ever. I was terrified, but right when the needle went through (im terrified of needles) I smiled. But the clamp (if your getting a hoop, not stud) sometimes slips when they try to put the ball on. It happened twice while he was working on my ear, it hurt pretty bad when it jerked. But not much later. Just don't get water in it for awhile or a cyst will form. Keep it clean!
    jennifer98 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2012, 07:59 PM
    What if my cartliage piercing has a white crust around it and that its also swelled and it looks like a zit? What do I do? PLEASE HELP!!
    jadakiss818 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2012, 05:45 PM
    My cartilage pericing is swolled up I don't think I have a infection . Well ima tell you how it looks . Near the cartilage percin in the ear mine is swollen it is big a my percing I'm really scared that I have a infection. So I'm putting ice on it just in case it might go down. Likeely it should , but I want to know have manny people have this and it went down so please tell me what I should do and if it might be a infection
    mommyofoutlaws Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2012, 09:17 PM
    I got mine pierced at Clair's 5 years ago it never healed then I got it done at walmart and the same thing so I took it out so last week I got it done on my other ear at clairs it was fine for the first.3 days then my hair got stuck in it and it swelled up I just used peroxide and neosporin with pain relife don't get the cheap one get the good one it may be more money bur worth it the next day mu swelling was gone just keep cleaning it with that the stuff they give you is no good hope this helps xoxo
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2012, 06:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mommyofoutlaws View Post
    I got mine pierced at Clair's 5 years ago it never healed then i got it done at walmart and the same thing so i took it out so last week i got it done on my other ear at clairs it was fine for the first.3 days then my hair got stuck in it and it swelled up i just used peroxide and neosporin with pain relife dont get the cheap one get the good one it may be more money bur worth it the next day mu swelling was gone just keep cleaning it with that the stuff they give you is no good hope this helps xoxo

The person asked this question in 2008.
    wiccan4lyfe1988 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2012, 09:52 AM
    My ear is red and looks like a big hole in the back or a ring around my ear on the back side of my cartliage and it smells and it hurts to mess with it
    xan94 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2012, 07:21 PM
    You have to wait 3 weeks before you can change it. If you change it any earlier, the hole will quickly close
    girlythings101 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Dec 22, 2012, 06:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Beliebers_Rule View Post
    how long would i have too wait for me too switch earrings? please answer soon soon i got mine done 2 days ago with a needle!!
    Don't switch them yet! You have to wait almost a year to switch them
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 22, 2012, 08:22 AM
    Please post the one-year information. I do not believe it is true.
    SADIEBRYAN Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2013, 02:57 PM
    I got my cartilage pierced 6 days ago with a needle and it's been fine up until this morning when I woke up and pretty much my whole ear is red, swollen and feels very hot... I'm not sure if I slept on it in the night or what. Could this be an infection? Can I get some help on how to treat it please:)
    lilly hall Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2013, 04:29 AM
    I got my cartiledge piercing done two days ago. It is red swollen and really really hurts to touch. There is no way I can sleep on it and it throbs occasionally when I don't touch it. I clean it with warm salty water as it is a natural antiseptic. But I don't know if I should take it out or just bear with the pain? Help.
    franrizzle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2013, 08:17 PM
    You're supposed to wait minimum 3 months
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2013, 03:17 PM
    Effects of tongue piercing
    Tongue Piercing, rings, bars, danger, Hepatitis C, Brain Abscesses,Cancer.
    MadJoy Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2013, 10:56 AM
    Relax, it's normal. It's just pissed off that you shoved metal in there! Any time you get these kinds of symptoms do a salt soak. I'm telling you it feels amazing on the piercing and really helps with swelling. The salt soak brings all the bad stuff out of your ear like puss and germs and soothes it. Now for making one. You much use one cup of water, bottled or boiled tap water,and add 1/4 teaspoons of non iodized sea salt. If you used a bottle of water, heat the mixture up in the microwave until warm. If boiled, let it cool down until it is still warm but won't hurt you. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Cartilage piercing [ 2 Answers ]

I had the cartilage in my right ear (up at the top) pierced nearly 14 weeks ago, with a gun (yes, I know this was unwise!). It bled slightly during the first night as I rolled onto it in my sleep, but has given me no problems since then - no discharge, no pus, nothing. The swelling took a few days...

My cartilage piercing is very swollen [ 3 Answers ]

Hey I just got my cartlidge pierced around 6 months or so ago and it was fine after I got it pierced but in the last few days it's been really sore and now it's all red and swollen here is a picture of just how bad it is http://tinypic.com/r/245n8lf/6 please I need help on what to do thanks

Is it normal for my cartilage piercing to still be red? [ 5 Answers ]

I pierced my cartilage the day before yesterday and it's still kind of red. Its sore to touch and twist the stud. I don't know if this is normal or if it is infected. I know I just put a hole through my skin so it's going to take a while to heal but I don't want to get any infections. When should I...

Does your cartilage piercing get swollen? [ 2 Answers ]

I pierced my cartilage on Friday which was like 4 days ago but it's a little swollen I noticed it a little flat but I clean it alott during the day I clean it whenever I can but I want to know if the swelling will go down because I'm kind of worried about it

Cartilage piercing red and swollen? [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, so I was a tad stupid and got my first cartilage piercing 1 week ago, then decided to get the one right underneath it done 2 days later, even though I know it would increase change of infection, anyway it was fine, I was cleaning them twice a day, and they were painless, and going well. But...

View more questions Search