Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    texasrebel_58 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2008, 02:57 PM
    Withdraw from esop
    Can I withdraw from an esop program if I'm 100% vested but I no longer work for the company?
    michael56 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2010, 08:16 PM
    Can I withdraw from esop account if I am know longer an employee
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jan 21, 2010, 08:32 AM

Maybe - it depends on whether you are (a) retired or became disabled (in which case you can withdraw our vested ESOP assets immediately), or (b) left the job for other reasons. If the latter - then you may have to wait as long as 6 years before you can withdraw assete from the ESOP - it all depends on the plan rules. I suggest you call your former employer and find out what the rules say.

For more information - here's a site that does a good job of explaining ESOP rules:
    ESOP Vesting, Distribution, and Diversification Rules

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

So they're going to withdraw from Iraq? [ 7 Answers ]

Both Hillary and Obama make clear they're going to pull out of Iraq when elected... or are they? George Friedman of Stratfor.com says differently: They say one thing on the campaign trail, but their position papers say another. And in the case of Hillary, she seems to say whatever will get...

Email withdraw [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Let me know how can I withdraw a mail sent a few minutes ago? Regards, Ashraf k.a.khan

401(k) & ESOP withdrawal penalties and tax [ 2 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I will be unemployed for the next 4 months so am having to cash out my 401k and ESOP to survive. I am leaving my current job August 3, and, if it matters, I will be leaving in order to student teach until December when I will get my degree. I will begin my next job in January,...

View more questions Search