Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fayrita Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2008, 02:26 PM
    Kitten & raccoons!
    Am wondering if anyone has ever heard or seen this... We have several raccoons that come up on our deck every night & have done so for a few years. Just recently there is a small, very thin kitten that comes right up to the coons - they all seem to know each other... is it possible that the kitten lives with the raccoons? She used to only come out at night & disappear in the daytime - just like 'coon time'. Today is the first day that she's still out on the deck - she'll let me pick her up & pet her for awhile but then soon wants back outside. Breaks my heart when she's out there crying & yes, I have put food out for her-she's so very thin. My experience with cats & coons is - the coons usually take a round out of the cat & they don't really get along - not so in this case. Any ideas as to what the future may hold for this kitten or anyone ever hear of coons & kittens co-habitating as it appears in this case? Any info or ideas would be greatly appreciated! :)
    JohnSnownw Posts: 322, Reputation: 51

Feb 20, 2008, 03:06 PM
    It's possible, however, you shouldn't be playing with wild animals. They could have a disease, and if the cat does indeed live with the raccoons then you should really be wary.
    HSK Posts: 45, Reputation: 9

Feb 21, 2008, 11:10 AM
    Coons are evil. I have a feral cat colony, and in the summer during droughts they will kill, dismember, and eat the cats. They do this when they can't get water, or the cats get in the way of eating their dry food. If I were you, I would rescue that kitten. Either take it in, or take it to a shelter. I would also stop leaving food out at night. Eventually they will go away. Coons don't drink water, they get their water intake by dipping their food in water. When there is no water, they kill. They are savage creatures, and they do hunt animals. They have been known to even dogs when they are desperate.

I trap all spring and summer, and release the coons over 30 miles away. I don't have the heart to kill them or any creature, but I hate them for killing my cats . If you release them within 15 miles, they will come back. If anyone ever plans on capture and releasing coons, please read up on it first. Coons are very very dangerous

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

400 amp service, 2 200 amp panels, 320 amp meter socket [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, this is my first post here, but I have been reading a lot and have already learned a bunch. I want to thank TK already and hope you reply to this. I am in the process of designing my electrical system for my new home. I have some electrical experience, but am by no means a pro. I am...

400 amp service with 2-200 amp panels & 320 amp socket [ 6 Answers ]

Hi TK. I am running 400 amp service into my new contruction home. The electric compnay is running a single 400 amp line to the meter. I have to split it to the two panels at that point. You had told me once before that I need a 320 amp meter socket and then run 2-200 amp lines to the separate...

Will my older kitten ever be nice to my new kitten? [ 5 Answers ]

I have never had cats before. I adopted a male neutered kitten who is now 11 weeks old. Today, I adopted a 7 week old male neutered kitten, as a companion. I didn't realize the size difference would be so great until I got my new kitten home. 4lbs vs. 1.2lbs. My older cat seems to want to play, but...

Cat & Kitten queries [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 adult female cats and one male kitten found as a stray. After about a week here the kitten is having bowel control problems. His stools are soft/loose and just drops out of him. He won't clean himself and sleeps a lot. Vomited only once (that I know of), full of food chunks. One of the...

Raccoons and oppossum [ 4 Answers ]

There are raccoons and opossums that raid my bird feeders. What could I put out to keep them from coming to the bird feeders. If food down in the woods, what kind? Sjubin

View more questions Search